Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3g : Apple Logo plgued into PC then fades away

Default Iphone 3g : Apple Logo plgued into PC then fades away
    Iphone 3G 8GB
    Very Similar problem as in the video below:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuuvGQPuqN0]YouTube - 4 gig iphone water damage[/ame]

The phone starts up only when connected to PC through USB. It wont switch on or respond when connected to wall charger. When connected to PC, apple logo shows up for a minute then fades away.

Tried to restore it in DFU mode but get error 23.

Seems like a hardware issue but it would be great if anyone whos had similar problem explain as to which part needed replacement or if there are other solutions like cleaning maybe.

Thanks

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

My 3g Iphone would not come on unless plugged in to a computer and only gave the apple screen when it was. I was getting the code 23 in both recovery and DFU mode. I tried multiple computers and operating systems and still got the error. If i had thought about it unstead of being stressed I would have figured out the solution much faster.
    Code 23 is an error connecting to Itunes so the best way is to narrow down what coule be causing the problem.
    #1 Itunes corrupt software
    #2 Corrupt USB drivers or a bad usb port.
    #3 A bad Iphone usb cable
    #4 A bad data port on the IPhone the cable was connecting to (This was my problem).
    I also replaced the battery when I broke it down this far and I doubt this was part of the problem but, when I did replace it and the data port everything was fine again.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Errors in the 20's are hardware failure. Your phone is toast and no matter how many times you restore it won't do any good.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi