Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: My Iphone 4 Housing From Ebay

iPhone? More like MyPhone Vick84's Avatar
    Thanks

Default My Iphone 4 Housing From Ebay
    I bought this housing from ebay and took about 10 days to receive it from hong kong. I paid about about $25 shipped. It comes in purple, white, pink, black, yellow, blue, orange. Loooks and feels very nice but the quality its not OEM. It is plastic, its basically like 3g and 3gs housing, they are good but not OEM quality. Obviously the replacing part is easy. Just rem€ove the two bottom screws and thats it. I have posted some pictures as well as video on youtube. In my option its well worth the money.

HERE IS THE VIDEO AND PICTURES

VIDEO
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxPOIdvBA6Q]YouTube - HOW TO CHANGE THE IPHONE 4 BACK HOUSING TO COLORED ONE[/ame]

UNBOXING

COMPARED TO OEM

AFTER INSTALLED

Last edited by Vick84; 2010-09-03 at 07:46 AM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Vick84 For This Useful Post:

ranxoren (2010-10-09), rhavhenclaw (2010-09-09), z3r0i7 (2010-09-19)

very nice thanks for the video and the write up

Thanks

your welcome..i will post update after couple of weeks to see how its holding up

Wished that it was as easy for the 3Gs "/

My iPhone is a Part of Me Trooper Sam's Avatar
    Thanks

It may not be OEM quality, but if you drop it and break it, at least your nice and expensive OEM one is at home safe.

Does it have the oem camera ring on it? I have heard some replacement covers dont work that well and causes light distortion on pics.

I bet the packaging and the costs to ship this are more then the cost of the cover itself

Still a sweet looking cover!!
    Also like to know about the camera question.

Thanks

Sorry for late reply but yea you gonna have problems with camera if you use flash because it doesn't have led diffuser...even people who spent $200 for so called oem housing still deal with this problem...bottom line is if it's not from apple Then you will most likely have problem...in my case i don't use flash much so no big deal for me..

Could you post some pictures taken with the flash on? I'm tempted to do this but would like to see how the pictures come out to see if I could live with it.

Hey this looks very good. Could you post the link to the ebay auction ?
    Thanks a lot for the vid and pictures it looks great and I myself rarely use the flash too so its nice!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthonok View Post
    Could you post some pictures taken with the flash on? I'm tempted to do this but would like to see how the pictures come out to see if I could live with it.
    without flash

wit flash (it varies by lighting)

Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    Hey this looks very good. Could you post the link to the ebay auction ?
    Thanks a lot for the vid and pictures it looks great and I myself rarely use the flash too so its nice!
    Your welcome, here is the link but you can find some other sellers who sell it for cheaper on ebay..but this is the one where i got mine from

Full back cover housing For iPhone 4 G/4G 1/7 color - eBay (item 190429830718 end time Oct-09-10 20:31:15 PDT)

Wow I'll Hold off until someone (hopefully) makes one without that issue. I dont use flash much but I dont think i could live with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Vick84 View Post
    wit flash (it varies by lighting)

You need something like this to make sure you're camera is functioning properly

New OEM IPHONE 4 Back Glass COMPLETE Housing (white) US - eBay (item 230527910315 end time Oct-18-10 12:12:27 PDT)

I ordered the whole set for my i4 and paid < 200 for the front/back housing... Just waiting for my home button ribbon to arrive so I can complete the repair

I'll have pics up as soon as I can get it in and have the phone back up and running again