Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 maybe hardware problem

Formerly Known As rpgpromaster EddieLeonard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default iPhone 4 maybe hardware problem
    Hi, I have had my iPhone 4 since the 24th of aug and its been find up-till today where my camera app just hangs on the shutter screen. I've been looking around and it seems like its been happening to a lot of people and I was just wondering if a restore would fix it or not.
    Since I got my iPhone 4 on the 24th the SHSH saving period has now ended so a restore is the last thing I want to do but I will if I 100% need to. I don't want to leave my jailbreak. If it is a hardware problem will apple replace the phone or just fix it? I hope they will replace it because I jumped up onto a wall the other day and missed the wall like a twat and banged my knee but un/fortunately my iPhone was there all that is damaged is the plastic edge on the back glass. I have a invisible shield on there at the moment so my screen is 100% scratch free

Well thanks for reading this and if you didn't well READ IT

thanks guys appreciate it
    Follow me on Twitter: EddieLeonard - - - - - - - -If i have helped in anyway at all, Please click the "Thanks!" button
    Stalk me on FaceBook: Eddie Leonard

Does it give you an error saying not enough memory and just hang? I have taken my phone apart and put it back together and gotten this message.

After re-assembly the problem went away.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

normally it hangs at the closed shutter screen when the camera is either broken or "not pressent".. since you banged the phone, most likely the camera connector came lose and opening the phone and make sure the camera is connected right should fix the problem. if you take it to apple, they don't fix phones, they just make sure there is no water damage and give you a new one on the spot

Formerly Known As rpgpromaster EddieLeonard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dq13 View Post
    normally it hangs at the closed shutter screen when the camera is either broken or "not pressent".. since you banged the phone, most likely the camera connector came lose and opening the phone and make sure the camera is connected right should fix the problem. if you take it to apple, they don't fix phones, they just make sure there is no water damage and give you a new one on the spot
    ok, i banged it on wednesday and it was fine utill winterboard caused some conflicts
    Follow me on Twitter: EddieLeonard - - - - - - - -If i have helped in anyway at all, Please click the "Thanks!" button
    Stalk me on FaceBook: Eddie Leonard

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Try a restore then, you didn't save your SHSH on cydia? I am pretty sure you can still save the SHSH localy on your computer and create your own "server" then modify the host file and restore with itunes, you will have the SHSH localy on your computer

Thanks

It's probably a software issue. If a hard reboot and respring don't fix it then a restore would.