Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3g weird sound issue

Unhappy Iphone 3g weird sound issue
    Hello everybody, I'm just looking for some help with my problem here.

I got a iPhone off of eBay and about a week later it started freezing\having no sound. Now what I've noticed is I can get sound to work but unless the ipod is constantly playing the phone will freeze and then when restarted it will have no sound.

I also noticed with the freezing issue it ONLY freezes if the sound is working. I can go the whole day without the sound working and it wont freeze once but if the sound works it will freeze 3-5 times a day.

Also its not just the headphones wont work, or the loudspeaker, its EVERYTHING, i can't even call\hear someone if they call me.

I ordered a whole new back with all the stuff in it up to the motherboard which replaces both the dock and the headphone connector.

I have a feeling that this wont fix the problem though, because of the fact that everything dealing with sound goes out. What i am asking is if you guys think this will fix my problem or if its a bigger problem and what you think it could be.

Thanks.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

did you try restoring the phone? maybe its just a software glitch, if a restore doesn't fix it, then try hardware

Yeah I've restored it multiple times to try and fix this issue. It still happens that's why I'm asking for a second opinion here.