Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: swapping iPhone 4 screen

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default swapping iPhone 4 screen
    i'm planning on transforming my iPhone 4 into a white one.

i've located acouple of white rear glasses online so i'm covered on that but i'm not 100% on the front glass. i've read somewhere that the glass is glued to the digitizer or something so i want to avoid dealing with that.

anyways, i found this on ebay and was wondering if i should go ahead and buy it? i'm hesitant because it doesnt mention anything about a retina display so i really don't wanna lose out on that. unless that really has nothing to do with the screen.

thanks for any help

New iPhone 4 4th White Digitizer Touch Screen Glass USA - eBay (item 290454679379 end time Sep-13-10 15:30:28 PDT)

On the iP4 the glass and lcd are glued together. You will need to buy the part that includes both of these items. Here is an example...

? iPhone 4 OEM WHITE Replacement Glass Digitizer & LCD? - eBay (item 230499428391 end time Sep-13-10 11:06:03 PDT)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to dbleug22990 For This Useful Post:

MFDOOM44 (2010-08-23)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    cool, thanks!

the retina display is the LCD screen, not the glass/digitizer. Not sure how the iP4 is setup, but with prior verisons you can replace the glass/digitizer without buying a new LCD...you just can't replace the glass without replacing the digitizer because they are glued together. Not sure if the iP4 is the same since I don't have one, that's something you'll have to look into...not sure I'd replace it if you have to get a new LCD
    Last edited by amsgator; 2010-08-25 at 07:26 PM.