Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Will the 3G Housing fit a 3Gs ?

Default Will the 3G Housing fit a 3Gs ?
    I brought a new housing for my 3Gs but it was made for the 3G will i have any problems using it ? thanks

as far as i know the housing should work fine

3. The Following User Says Thank You to REG Infamy For This Useful Post:

liveordie (2010-08-18)

thanks i hope so lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone skater38053's Avatar
    Thanks

It will fit.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to skater38053 For This Useful Post:

liveordie (2010-08-18)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to cuonglogan For This Useful Post:

liveordie (2010-08-18)

thanks good to know

heres a update i installed it fine they are both the same apart from the camera fitting that was round on the 3g and square on the 3gs, so i just swapped them over and didnt have any other problems

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    i think the 1 that bothers me the most using a different housing
    would be the model number.

so yeah, if you're as picky as me,
    make sure you look for the same model number

a 3gs motherboard will not fit in a 3g case becauase of the camera size. a 3G motherboard will fit in a 3gs case and of course the 3g motherboard will also fit in a 3g case. please make sure you know what you are talking about before posting replies

Quote Originally Posted by Kingcyprus View Post
    a 3gs motherboard will not fit in a 3g case becauase of the camera size. a 3G motherboard will fit in a 3gs case and of course the 3g motherboard will also fit in a 3g case. please make sure you know what you are talking about before posting replies

my 3gs has been running in a 3g case for months now the camera fitting is the only difference and model number i dont care about, like i said i pull the one off my old case put in into the new one had no other problems, motherboard sizes are the same.

Quote Originally Posted by liveordie View Post
    my 3gs has been running in a 3g case for months now the camera fitting is the only difference and model number i dont care about, like i said i pull the one off my old case put in into the new one had no other problems, motherboard sizes are the same.
    Okay I guess you don't know what a motherboard is.
    The casing/outer shell is the same size
    But the motherboard is a different size on the inside making other parts either smaller or in new locations so new holders for that piece on the inside, when you take the screen off you can immediately tell if it's a 3G or a 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by shanejoe View Post
    Okay I guess you don't know what a motherboard is.
    The casing/outer shell is the same size
    But the motherboard is a different size on the inside making other parts either smaller or in new locations so new holders for that piece on the inside, when you take the screen off you can immediately tell if it's a 3G or a 3GS
    Yes i do no what a motherboard is and yes they did update the board on the 3gs they moved around the memory chips and more but that does not change the size the only thing difference is the camera size even looking at both cases when striped swapping over a removable fitting takes a few seconds

I have a 3G open already because I'm replacing the entire lcd assembly. Is it possible to just change to a 3Gs motherboard? I can get one cheap from somebody. Does anyone know if this will work with all the other hardware?

Thank you for your help if you take the time to answer.

Quote Originally Posted by armenti77 View Post
    I have a 3G open already because I'm replacing the entire lcd assembly. Is it possible to just change to a 3Gs motherboard? I can get one cheap from somebody. Does anyone know if this will work with all the other hardware?

Thank you for your help if you take the time to answer.
    no you cant the lcd looks the same but has a different pin layout, and there is more connectors on the board aswell.