Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 4 glass/digi replacement can be done?

Default Iphone 4 glass/digi replacement can be done?
    hi guys i have some questions before i keep going and what i need to order to replace the cracked Glass on this buddy's iPhone4

Can i seperate the glass and digitizer from the screen ?

before you ask. this phone was runover by a car it still works 100% just the front glass got shatterd since it was face down the back of it has no dammage and the case is 100% take a look.

do i need to order the screen + digi + glass package or can i separate the screen from the houseing and reinstall it in the new glass+digitizer?

Quote Originally Posted by darklemon View Post
    hi guys i have some questions before i keep going and what i need to order to replace the cracked Glass on this buddy's iPhone4

Can i seperate the glass and digitizer from the screen ?

before you ask. this phone was runover by a car it still works 100% just the front glass got shatterd since it was face down the back of it has no dammage and the case is 100% take a look.

do i need to order the screen + digi + glass package or can i separate the screen from the houseing and reinstall it in the new glass+digitizer?

First off, on any of the iPhones, seperating the digitizer from the glass without damaging it whatsoever is nearly impossible.

Also, We have people call all the time now regarding that iPhone 4 front glass being cracked. Un fortunatley the Glass is actually glued onto the Retina Display. So if you want to replace the glass, you need to replace basically the entire front. This is a very time and money staking thing to do. (Maybe apple made them fused together so that you are forced to go replace it with the apple store )
    I hope this helps answer some of your questions
    iPhone Repair

Can you put on a new separate glass and a separate lcd after you take off the damage original glass+lcd that are glued together?

I have the same question, if I purchase the individual parts, can they be assembled. I realize they will not be fused, but as anyone tried this?

You need to buy the entire piece retina display/digi/glass... The replacement is pretty easy especially if you have done iPhone work before. Just be careful keeping screws separate, there is many screws lots of different sizes. I fix these all day let me know if you have any more questions

I think I can sandwich the LCD in when I put on the digi/glass/frame. The only thing I see is that dust might get inside Like the 3g/3gs