Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3g with a dead screen. Help!

Default 3g with a dead screen. Help!
    Hi, my 3g's screen has died. put it down by my bed one night, working fine, next morning the screen was dead.

I've tried the holding both buttons together to reset it thing, nothing. I've plugged it into iTunes and restored it, nothing. The whole phone works fine just the screen is blank and the touchscreen doesn't work either.

I've taken the screen off to check the three connectors are connected, and they are.

Before I give up on it, any suggestions?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by baskie View Post
    Hi, my 3g's screen has died. put it down by my bed one night, working fine, next morning the screen was dead.

I've tried the holding both buttons together to reset it thing, nothing. I've plugged it into iTunes and restored it, nothing. The whole phone works fine just the screen is blank and the touchscreen doesn't work either.

I've taken the screen off to check the three connectors are connected, and they are.

Before I give up on it, any suggestions?

Thanks.
    This is a very common problem we see alot, It seems that the LCD screen as gone out for one reason or another. It can be replaced and it should work again
    If the replacement does not work, it is a problem with your logic board, or connector. Hope everything works out
    iPhone Repair

Default iPhone 3G LCD Screen
    Quote Originally Posted by brokemyi View Post
    This is a very common problem we see alot, It seems that the LCD screen as gone out for one reason or another. It can be replaced and it should work again
    If the replacement does not work, it is a problem with your logic board, or connector. Hope everything works out
    HI, I am sorry to hear that, just as that guy mentioned, i gust you need to replace your [ SPAM
    Last edited by Cer0; 2010-11-11 at 01:18 PM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GDP Zoe View Post
    HI, I am sorry to hear that, just as that guy mentioned, i gust you need to replace your SPAM].
    this website doesn't let you order only one, it has a minimum of two, so just get it on ebay. I have replaced tons of LCD and I always get them on ebay, they work perfect
    Last edited by Cer0; 2010-11-11 at 01:18 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

The LCD is easy to replace, much easier than the battery Be gentle, the LCD is easily damaged.