Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I... replaced the back glass on my iphone 4

It's a special topic for me , I get much useful information from it .thanks very much !

Iphone 4 Back glass with Full Housing! - eBay (item 260644121263 end time Aug-07-10 19:31:14 PDT)

http://iphone4parts.tk/

this is only $28 when you buy it off the website and it comes with a bracket and a blank piece of glass.
    I think i will get this and take the bracket out.
    Last edited by swimmer6195; 2010-08-01 at 04:25 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Nopstnz8's Avatar
    Thanks

For anyone needing a replacement back glass or wanting to change to white, here is the entire assembly with the bracket it looks like. A little pricy still, but half the price of what I've seen other people find.

Original Apple iPhone 4 Back Cover Panel With Back Frame White OEM - iPhone 4 Spare Parts - Apple

^wow that white one is really expensive, my friend just did it to hers and it came out pretty good... $9 fix

starting...

had to take a break, she cut herself...

almost there...had to take a little more of that glue off

done!

That's intense man lol.

Use a heat gun people its alot easier and you wont cut yourself!

After replacing the back glass panel with a new one how does it stay in place? Does the glue just stick to it or am I missing something? I'd rather order a glass-only replacement instead of one with the housing if it's easy to fix.

Just glue it using some bonding glue

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Cowboy For This Useful Post:

jsalas707 (2010-08-06)

she used a hair dryer, i guess not strong enough, but it did the job. she was picking at the little bits with her finger not knowing it'd cut her...

she used some type of super glue on it, stuck very well and she said she's extremely happy with how it came out.

It looks good

Hey everyone,

I managed to drop my iPhone 4 today (oops..), and I shattered not only the back panel's glass but the entire plastic casing in one spot. Frankly, a $200 fix via the Apple store just isn't going to cut it for me, since the phone works fine despite being less aesthetically pleasing. I'm looking in to alternative solutions, and I found this on ebay..

New Full back cover housing For iPhone 4 G/4G blue - eBay (item 160466080598 end time Sep-07-10 11:34:08 PDT)

I really like the blue back (although they do have the standard black as well). I know it's OBVIOUSLY not OEM, but I can live with that. Here's my question: Does it look like this includes everything I need? I know that sounds kind of silly, but I'm not 100% sure. I'm fairly certain I can fix it myself in a jam, but I'm not so technologically savvy that I know what I need to do it. I can't really tell if the listing includes the glass or just the plastic backing. Do any of you all have advice for me?

looks like it will just pop right on in and work fine

I got an orange one for my phone and a pink one for my wifes.

Easy install but I found a problem when using the flash. The light leak through the glass makes the flash unuseable.

I went back to the original part.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12