Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone 3gs battery in 3g

Default iphone 3gs battery in 3g
    will a 3gs battery fit into a 3g? and will it have a better battery life?

same life as i know, depends on how you use it.

as far as i know
    3gs battery has a higher capacity then the 3g one
    but not sure if its the same size and if it will work right with 3g
    it worht a try

3gs battery contactor different from 3g, it's impossible to load to match without an adapter

Quote Originally Posted by soderberg View Post
    3gs battery contactor different from 3g, it's impossible to load to match without an adapter
    Hy there

I have junst installed a 3GS battery on my 3G and works flawlessly. Only one thing is annoying - the battery percentage is allways full. If I reboot the device, on start-up it shows the real status of the battery for just a fraction of a second then 100% again.

Can someone help me out with this?
    Last edited by darius.petre; 2010-06-28 at 02:06 PM.

You can in fact get an extended use battery. I purchased one on ebay for $4 AFTER shipping. That's right, only $4 TOTAL!! I just swapped out the batteries and will see if I can tell a difference in life span. Here is the link for the extended use, 1600 mAH battery - New Battery Replacement 1600 mAh for Apple iPhone 3G - eBay (item 250628902768 end time Jul-06-10 14:06:23 PDT)

i've had 2 or 3 of those chinese batteries to try and they are junk. they will stop holding capacity for long instantly.

We'll see how long this lasts. I'll post an update if I notice it dying too early....Still, for only $4, it's definitely worth the effort.

Quote Originally Posted by ramicio View Post
    i've had 2 or 3 of those chinese batteries to try and they are junk. they will stop holding capacity for long instantly.
    Exactly.. run far far away from those things.

Way back in the day, I had a Nokia 8860 when they first came out. It was an awesome phone, talk about getting looks from people. Anyway the biggest flaw was the battery was TINY and would not even last a day. Spares from Nokia were $$$ because it was part of the chrome body. So I bought a few on ebay. Popped one in and noticed my pocket was becoming extremely warm with the phone in it. Pulled it out to see what was going on, but by that time my brand new phone was fried...

Quote Originally Posted by scootter82 View Post
    We'll see how long this lasts. I'll post an update if I notice it dying too early....Still, for only $4, it's definitely worth the effort.
    So far so good. I can't necessarily say it's last a whole lot longer between charges, but then again, it's only been one day. It seems to at least be working equally as good as the original.

Quote Originally Posted by scootter82 View Post
    So far so good. I can't necessarily say it's last a whole lot longer between charges, but then again, it's only been one day. It seems to at least be working equally as good as the original.
    report back please, is it better or not? because on a 3gs the power is far better then 3g, how do i know? i use a sleeping app for 3gs, and the next day its still very strong and I don't charge it sometimes and go to work comeback and still plenty to spare

on a 3g if i use the same sleeping app, my 3g will die during my sleep. Absolutely useless

It seems to still last longer. I have run into one issue a few times since the upgrade and I'm not sure if it's battery or OS related, as I have jailbroken mine. Every now and then I get the YSOD (yellow screen of death). It seems this happens when I have the phone connected to the charger and it doesn't charge. If it's on the charger during this state, and it runs completely out, this triggers the YSOD. YSOD only lasts temporarily.