Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Bottom of screen unresponsive - what are my options?

Unhappy Bottom of screen unresponsive - what are my options?
    I have an 8gb iPhone 2g. The bottom of my screen is unresponsive. I now know that my digitizer needs to be replace.

I found out I can't take it to the iPhone store because the phone needs to be linked to an ATT account, which I do not have. I know I need to have a professional replace it. I contact stores in my area but they are asking nearly $200, which is outrageous, imo.

Anyone know of a place I can send it to have it fixed or something?
    Last edited by Eleni; 2009-10-10 at 03:24 AM. Reason: Answered some questions on my own

You wont find anywhere cheaper. The 2g screen assembly is one part and costs around $120 or so just to buy.

$200 is more than a working condition phone even sells for on eBay/Craigslist. *shakes head*

Is there a way to unlock the phone other than using the slider? It seems ridiculous that this would be the only way...

I dont believe so. However you could try restoring it, as this is sometimes caused by a software glitch.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

Eleni (2009-10-12)

If I were to restore, that would lock the phone and remove the jailbreak, correct? I'm on T-Mobile so I'm afraid to try it.

Yeah it would but you can always re-jailbreak/unlock.

Scratch that, figured it out. Will update if it works.

ETA: Restoring didn't help. I'm going to have to get the screen/lcd/digitizer replaced. Thanks for your help though!
    Last edited by Eleni; 2009-10-12 at 03:34 AM. Reason: Update.