Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: so i dropped some weights on my iphone 3g

Default so i dropped some weights on my iphone 3g
    Luckily i had a hard case on it and it save my phone.
    But now I got this little scar like strip of rainbow pixels on the bottom right of my phone. I'm thinking of buying a cheapo oem lcd from ebay and replacing it.

does it look like it's lcd damage only or the digitizer?

Thanks

Would think it is a crack in the digitizer glass (under the outer glass) - hard to tell.
    Pretty cheap on eBay for 3G.

However, if I were you I would just leave it for now, unless you also got touchscreen sensitivity problems - but thats júst me.
    Do hope that helps

**uoʇʇnq „sʞuɐɥʇ„ ǝɥʇ ʇıɥ puɐ puıʞ ǝq noʎ pǝdןǝɥ sɐɥ ǝuoǝɯos ɟı**

Quote Originally Posted by sursture View Post
    Would think it is a crack in the digitizer glass (under the outer glass) - hard to tell.
    Pretty cheap on eBay for 3G.

However, if I were you I would just leave it for now, unless you also got touchscreen sensitivity problems - but thats júst me.
    i'm planning on selling my phone and would get more if the screen was good, otherwise for myself i would just leave it.

is there a way to check if it's just the digitizer without breaking my phone?

I've had this problem with my non touchscreen, creative zen( which also uses an LCD screen) it's either a bad scratch in the glass on the outside or a slightly cracked LCD screen

It's NOT the digitizer
    Last edited by ddonuts4; 2009-08-26 at 03:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ddonuts4 For This Useful Post:

reneki (2009-08-27)

had another incident and now there's this dark line across my screen, if it's the LCD, i'll probably get a new one off ebay, can someone confirm?

if u have had ur phone for under a year apple will fix it free
    i had a problem w lines on the screen-free replace then bubbles under the screen-free replacement then i dropped it and had to pay some1 to fix it since it was 3 days after

Thats an LCD problem.

The digitizer is what makes it a "touch" screen....has nothing to do with the actual picture.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

reneki (2009-09-08)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

If you still have the warranty,then just go for it...Apple will fix it for you..
    But if you don't have it,then replacing the LCD would be the most easiest way to fix your problem...And it's not that hard to find a LCD of 3G...Because,we have- ebay....
    mod/edit links removed

Quote Originally Posted by ronblade View Post
    If you still have the warranty,then just go for it...Apple will fix it for you..
    But if you don't have it,then replacing the LCD would be the most easiest way to fix your problem...And it's not that hard to find a LCD of 3G...Because,we have- ebay....
    ebay=pwnage-lol

A warning to those with the same problem as i had above.

It spreads and creates new lines, did this faster over time, it almost covered a quarter of my screen before i got my replacement in the mail from ebay.

The new LCD fixed it, the cheapest one i could find and it looks good!