Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: people Can't hear me when ...

i just finished restoring and rejailbreaking my iphone 2g. still having same problem.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

what method, program, did you sync?
    Please give as much info as you can.

i used redsnow o.8, quickpwn and ipsw 3.0 to unlock and jailbreak. i can use the speakerphone and headset (including bluetooth), but i cannot use the handset. when i adjust the volume it says ringer (headphones). i don't want to buy a new phone but i also don't want to pay $100 to get it fixed.

Thanks

I ran into another person with a 2g phone that is experiencing this too. Although this issue seems to be limited to the 2g phone what cured their problem was restoring and setting up as a new phone with no sync with iTunes when Jailbreak was complete.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

jmb201 (2009-08-07)

Thanks, I'll give that a try but I can't until I get off work. Now I want to leave early, I LOVE MY IPHONE!!!

Thanks

Hope it works for you, odd problem that I have been seeing in the last week or so. Remember, a complete DFU fresh 3.0 restore ((not update))in iTunes and then run the jailbreak.

Well after searching the internet all day searching for an easy solution to my problem I finally got the handset to work again. The problem is... I don't know how I did it. I tried several things including plugging and unplugging the headphones in about 7 times, cleaning/blowing into the headphone jack, and turning on the ipod w/o the headphones in playing a song until it locks and unlocking it then removing the headphones.

I also found this reason for the problem to be interesting...
    "I suspect it's a hardware issue independent of the state of the software on the phone. If you compare the earbud plug for the iPhone with the iPod, you'll see an extra ring around the iPhone plug. That's for the microphone on the whatcha-ma-dongle. When the iphone headphones are inserted, it allows the headphones-mounted speaker to engage on the iPhone headphones. When you use the iPod phones, it doesn't allow for that. Thus the 'switch' gets stuck 'on'.

Such mechanical mechanism can be confirmed to be in play as using regular headphones does not disengage the microphone on the iPhone handset. However, using a set of the iPhone headphones (with the microphone) does."
    Last edited by jmb201; 2009-08-07 at 09:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I have the exact same problem as you guys were having, but with slightly different previous symptoms.

I have a 3GS and am now on 3.1 firmware. I first got the issue on 3.0 when i jailbroke with pwnage tool, then i restored to 3.1 and left it default for a while, and had no issue with calls. I jailbroke again with blackrain, and immediately had issues again, went back to default and calls were fine, then jailbroke again without installing anything except cydia, and now I am back to the same issue... It is intermittent btw. Not all the time, just a lot of the time .Is jailbreaking just out the window now for me? I cant think of anything to resolve this.
    Everytime I jailbreak, my phone becomes useless and i basically have a touch with 3g. Any suggestions would be great. Have to restore back to factory again now so I can still make calls. This is so frustrating

Thanks

I'm also having the problem. It's intermittent and I can be talking with people hearing me, and all of a sudden they can't. I have a 3G jailbroken with blackra1n, factory unlock. The problem also was happening on 3.1 jailbroken with redsn0w.

I haven't tried going to back to stock phone. I hate the stock iPhone and would rather buy another phone then have an unjailbroken iPhone.
    The Buuf icon pack though page 350 can be found here http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AMHNDKA7 or for those of you who asked for Rapidshare, here, http://rapidshare.com/files/34719307...Icons.zip.html

If my post helped you, don't forget to click Thanks!

Any updates on this? Having the same problem with the mic not working

See if a restore fixes the problem...
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Update: there really was in there :S

Finally got around to scraping the bottom of the jack input with a very small screwdriver, and what originally looked to be a metal bottom was in fact a thin layer or white lint.

Just thought I'd update for those encountering this problem.

I eventually just took my phone into apple and they did a straight swap there after confirming the issue existed. It's a known issue it seems. So if you have this problem, just get your phone replaced.

alright guys i have fixed this problem many times.. and it was hardly Never software.. i do 3 things ..first i get a headphone not the iphone another one where the jack is a bit bigger and plug and unplug it several times.. if that doesnt work i get a q-tip put some electronic component cleaner on the tip and put it in the headphone jack plug and try to clean it.. and last if thast doesnt work i open the iphone up and replace the headphone part ! hope this helps.

Yor fix is for a completely different issue. That fix applies to when the phone thinks headphones are plugged in and you see the word (headphones) when increasing or decreasing the volume. The issue the people are having in this thread is different than that one. But yes, if they are having the problem when the phone thinks the headphones are plugged in then your fix can work.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12