Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Fixing broken iphone glass....diy

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

The reason it took me this long to get 375 thanks is because I only got them when deserved, that is literally the first time I have gotten an unscrupulous thanks.

So thank you for that

^Haha, there's a first for everything

I just broke the screen on my iPhone 3G, but I have an Invisibleshield on it. If I were to just peel off the Invisibleshield, would the broken glass come with it? How likely would I be able to do it without damaging the lcd? And would I be able to easily put a new screen on it?

Quote Originally Posted by k9srkool View Post
    I just broke the screen on my iPhone 3G, but I have an Invisibleshield on it. If I were to just peel off the Invisibleshield, would the broken glass come with it? How likely would I be able to do it without damaging the lcd? And would I be able to easily put a new screen on it?
    The invisible shield would most likely pull it apart.

I can repair it for you if you want. PM me.

I have replace two 2G glass and use 3m double sided tape on the top and bottom plus 2 thin strips on the side. You loose some sensitivity if you want a clean screen. If you have a small crack and like the sensitivity you have then just put a screen guard on.

If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Thanks

Well, I have read this thread and I have come up with my solution to a bad crack or shattered screen-Sell the 2G and get another one that is not cracked or shattered. I have watched several Youtube video of people using heat and razorblades showing the lcd still works then putting the new glass on and showing that it works. Long term use and whether dust or whatever gets underneath time will tell.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123