Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreaking 1.1.1 & Downgrading baseband 1.1.1 to 1.0.2 (Mac)

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,254 Times in 649 Posts

Default Jailbreaking 1.1.1 & Downgrading baseband 1.1.1 to 1.0.2 (Mac)
    Last edited by ReVan; 2007-11-28 at 08:45 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Organization is sexy. Keep up the good work!

Anyone else follow the jailbreak directions and have everything work ok -- EXCEPT purchased music won't play?

Everything works great except for songs that I purchased through iTunes. I don't see where the problem could be. I already tried removing all music from the iPhone, deauthorizing my computer, reauthorizing, and then resynching to the iPhone. Still no go.

Suggestions? It's gotta be something stupid since no one else seems to have mentinoed this.

I am having issues with step 3 for the windows user's guide.

3. You have SSH up and running on your iPhone. (And at least kinda know how to use it.)
    If you don't have SSH running yet, install BSD Subsystem (if you haven't already) and OpenSSH through AppTapp Installer. (There are also other methods.)

From the installer, i downloaded the BSD subsystem and the OpenSSH, but how do i now get SSH "up and running" on my iphone? is there something easy i have missed? help please!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to imadrowningfish For This Useful Post:

nextwaveaudio (2007-10-31)

Green Apple
    Thanks

It seems the process of installing SSH will not work on PPC macs as is? I'm getting a "cannot execute binary file" for iPhoneInterface..

the jailbreak is weird.. when I get /etc/fstab it's RW for / and i can remove directories it seems but not create them and putting files also doesn't work.
    <madrussian> in russia, you dont remove installer.app, it removes you!

I'm having problems with step three. I do not see the directories Media or Media.old. It continues through though and my phone is jailbroken. I have installer , BSD, SSH, summerboard and customize added. So my question is, is it ok to leave it like that or should I try the jailbreak again until I get those two directories?

Ok, I really have no idea what I am doing... Maybe I am just too lazy to read everything on this site to figure it out... So, I will just ask and hope for a good answer...

1. If I connect my phone to my computer and open itunes will it update to 1.1.1 automatically, or can I still use itunes and just deny the update?

2. If I do update to 1.1.1 without restoring first will it just take my phone back to it's original state or will it ruin it and not allow me to make calls or anything?

3. And, is there really a hack for the 1.1.1 that actually works?

Thanks!!!

You are too lazy. Start reading.

Reako

just a quick question about jailbreaking 1.1.1 does jailbreakme.com works over the EDGE or just WiFi? Tried two times over edge, nothing happened.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by metelskiy View Post
    just a quick question about jailbreaking 1.1.1 does jailbreakme.com works over the EDGE or just WiFi? Tried two times over edge, nothing happened.
    EDGE doesn't seem to work or takes a long time to work. WiFi takes only a few seconds.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to DoerrFan For This Useful Post:

mdpauley (2007-11-14)

Everything works for mine, did the short no computer needed jailbreak for 111. Everything including youtube works.. was actually impressed with edge speeds.., wifi works likw a charm as well only thing that doesnt work obviously is the visual VM.. took me about 4 minutes to jail break .. w00t!!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Ok can somebody tell how to get AnySim 1.1 on the iphone, i just did the jailbreakme.com and it went perfect now i see installer icon i went threw it to find anysim 1.1 but not there. Where can i get it,is it the best one to use,and how do i install it...Thanks

Hi DarkoNva,

I've been looking for about 1 week how to upgrade my iPhone which is 1.0.2 to 1.1.1. I've got a MAC and a PC no matter what program need to run the jailbreak. I've a unlocked iPhone 1.0.2. What is the step or program I need to upgrade my unlocked iPhone to 1.1.1.
    Thank you for your support.

Hi guys, ok i have purchased a uk iphone that ineed to make sim free and working right now! (no frustaration you understand) so i was advised to look through this site and well its bad news i'm afraid i came across this whilst dredging the web for info http://www.engadget.com/2007/11/08/a...ye-jailbreak/3
    Please read. it could be important,
    So thats what i found so far, my firmware is 04.02.13_g which at a guess (learning!) is my bootloader....so how do i check what version i am running or is there a simple link to enlightenment!!! (i want to use my orange sim in my phone without being tied to O2!!!)
    Phew thats better , hope the link makes sense

frank358fr:

1. get iTunes 7.4x (don't go for 7.5), disable automatic updates
    2. get 1.1.1 files (older version, heard new version closed tiff gap)
    3. put iPhone in restore mode
    4. press ctrl-restore on iTunes and point to 1.1.1 system file
    5. visit jailbrekme.com to install AppSnapp
    6. instal AnySim 1.1. and run it
    7. done

Default iPhone restoring
    Can someone help me????

This is something that I have been wondering for the longest time and have never got an answer...
    --If my iPhone is SIM Unlocked (AnySIM) and I have Installer, can I still do a restore back to factory iPhone if something goes wrong??--
    --If so, is this only with specific Unlocking programs or all??--

Any help is appreciated as I am desperate to find out

Quote Originally Posted by sergiohdz09 View Post
    Can someone help me????

This is something that I have been wondering for the longest time and have never got an answer...
    --If my iPhone is SIM Unlocked (AnySIM) and I have Installer, can I still do a restore back to factory iPhone if something goes wrong??--
    --If so, is this only with specific Unlocking programs or all??--

Any help is appreciated as I am desperate to find out
    Yes, there are methods for doing this... search this forum for things like "virginizing baseband" or "virgin iphone" or variations thereof.

The How-To's you will find by searching (and wiki's/guides accessible on this website!) and knowledge of things like OPTION+RESTORE within iTunes will take you far... oh the places you will go and the things you will see!

Hope this helps!
    - iPhoneWriter.com

20. The Following User Says Thank You to iPhoneWriter For This Useful Post:

sergiohdz09 (2007-11-22)

Thank you iPhoneWriter.
    Next question,
    Does someone know where i can get AnySIM for iPhone 1.1.1?
    What sources do i have to add?

Quote Originally Posted by sergiohdz09 View Post
    Thank you iPhoneWriter.
    Next question,
    Does someone know where i can get AnySIM for iPhone 1.1.1?
    What sources do i have to add?

Read through one of the detailed How-To links above... the ones with screen shots and links to applications. You'll find the link(s) you need to successfully complete the upgrade process (just pick the How-To for your platform... Windows or Mac.)

Good times ahead... but, as with most things, patience is a virtue. Just take your time and read through the step-by-steps *before* starting. Then, as you step through the How-To, thoroughly read and understand each step again *before* actually undertaking it.

Also, read the NOTE's linked to above... some key steps related to AnySim include using the right version (AnySim 1.2.1u) *and* renaming the AnySim application (to "AnySim.app", without the quotes) *and* making sure your run the AnySim application during the v1.1.1 step *not* under the v1.1.2 release.

Hope this helps more than it hurts!
    Last edited by iPhoneWriter; 2007-11-22 at 06:29 PM.
    - iPhoneWriter.com

Can someone help. I have an unlocked iphone and would like to have an installer application installed on my phone. When i visit the jaibreakme.com site, it says that the application has been used once before and therefore a restore is necessary to reapply the jailbreak. Would restoring the iphone to 1.1.1 brick my phone? Are there any other options to get an installer installed that do not require downgrading or if they do, would not be affected by the unlock? Many thanks for any assistance
    Last edited by shugni; 2007-11-25 at 10:24 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast