Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Making sure on jailbreaking 1.1.1 with AT&T

Default Making sure on jailbreaking 1.1.1 with AT&T
    I have a 1.1.1 iphone activated via itunes and having an iphone plan. If I only want to install 3rd party applications on it, do I only have to jailbreak, i.e. leaving unlock and activate alone using ziphone? If I jailbreak the iphone, the bootloader will not be affected and I still have the warranty right?

Just want to make sure before any action.

Thanks in advance.

You only have to jailbreak.

However, your warrenty will still be void, because you have now hacked the software, which Apple does not permit.

There are ways of reversing everything, in case of emergency, as long as the phone is functional enough.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

e_u_g_e_n_e (2008-04-03)

But if I do a DFU Restore and restore back to factory setting apple should not be able to notice that right? Is this reversal enough?

NO, there are STILL traces of the hacking process that Apple CAN see.

AND, IF the phone craps out, depending on the problem, it may not respond to you trying to get into DFU mode and it may not respond to a connection with the computer.

There is software (like Ziphone) that has "refurbish" utilities that will erase ALL traces of the phone being hacked.....and then you would be ok. As long as you are able to get a connection and do it.

Bottom line.....there is NO guarentee that you are COMPLETELY safe from voiding your warranty.

However, read up, dont do anything stupid and most likely you wont have a major problem like that.

So as long as I only jailbreak the phone and is able to connect the phone to perform the action "refurbish" my warranty should be able to remain working?

I thought before that only downgrading the bootloader would voild the iphone in terms of jailbreaking/unlocking/activating.

P.S. my phone comes with 1.1.1 so it has a 3.9 bootloader which excludes the potential problem of bootloader and serial number mismatch if I, for some reason, has decided to unlock and activate my phone and has chosen "do it all" in ziphone?