Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Upgrading 1.0.2 to 1.1.4

Default Upgrading 1.0.2 to 1.1.4
    i have an unlocked 1.0.2 and i would like to upgrade it to the latest version which i guess is 1.1.4. i had my phone unlocked by some 1 else and i don't know much about it. i tried to viginize the phone, clicked on installer selected sources but there is no option to Edit. what am i doing wrong ? thx.
    L

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I am in a similar position, I bought my 1.1.1 iphone already unlocked and jailbroken, how do I go about updating to a newer firmware? - I just want text forwarding/multiple recipients etc.....given that I dont know how my phone was originally unlocked how do I go about this?

Sorry - more info I am on a Mac running Leopard and the iphone says "1.1.1(3A109a)" I also use the iphone on an unofficial network, want to be able to use customise etc and I am fairly stupid so it needs to be muppetproof.
    Last edited by thetonyclifton; 2008-04-02 at 05:47 PM.

Well you guys should read through the forums. A lot of people say that restoring your phone will give you a full erase. I don't really believe this to be true, as I am having so many problems with my phone that started as 1.0.2. But I think I'm the minority here, and don't see too many people with the same problems as me.

You need 1.1.4 Then go here and get Ziphone. It's real easy to use. Open iTunes, and connect your phone. Hold down both home and lock buttons for 10 seconds. Release the lock(power) button but continue holding the home button for 10 more secs, or until iTunes recognizes it. It is now in DFU mode. Hold down the shift button as you click restore, and select 1.1.4 from wherever you saved it. (I like to take out my T-mobile sim card while doing this, but I don't know if that matters.)

After that's done, open ziphone, and run do it all if that's what you need...done that's all it takes.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    and can you use ziphone no matter how the iphone was originally unlocked?

Quote Originally Posted by KatetheKitten View Post
    Well you guys should read through the forums. A lot of people say that restoring your phone will give you a full erase. I don't really believe this to be true, as I am having so many problems with my phone that started as 1.0.2. But I think I'm the minority here, and don't see too many people with the same problems as me.

You need 1.1.4 Then go here and get Ziphone. It's real easy to use. Open iTunes, and connect your phone. Hold down both home and lock buttons for 10 seconds. Release the lock(power) button but continue holding the home button for 10 more secs, or until iTunes recognizes it. It is now in DFU mode. Hold down the shift button as you click restore, and select 1.1.4 from wherever you saved it. (I like to take out my T-mobile sim card while doing this, but I don't know if that matters.)

After that's done, open ziphone, and run do it all if that's what you need...done that's all it takes.

There's a pretty good faq section in ziphone. I wont say yes, in fact I would say most definitely not, as my phone has so many problems that no restore/virginze method seems to be able to rid. But I believe that was only because of one of the early damaging 1.0.2 unlock methods. I haven't heard of many people having the same problems with otb 1.1.1.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I had a 1.1.1 that I bought fully unlocked and working on another network and when trying to update with ziphone, i had some issues. Ended up having to restore several times with lots of 'white lines of death' etc. Not saying you will have the same problem since a lot of ppl have had great results with ziphone. That being said I found using the unlock.no guide was very easy ('muppetproof') (iphone.unlock.no) I left my iPhone at 1.1.3 since some programs are not compatible with 1.1.4 just yet. HOpe that helps!

I haven't used iphone.unlock.no. I remember hearing that an earlier version gave some people some problems.(that coulda been BS, I have nothing against them.) But they do have the one method of virginating that I haven't tried yet, so I will give it a try. That being said, Ziphone comes from the guy who runs iphone.unlock, and it looks like he recommends Ziphone for breaking 1.1.4.

Here is what I did. I have OTB 1.0.2. I used ziphone to put my phone in dfu mode. I then opened iTunes and clicked the update button, didnt hold shift cuz it wanted me to upate to new. After the process was done I used the new iLiberty+ app and unlocked my phone and added installer with it as an option. Phone works fine, all 1.1.4 function plus installer and 3rd party apps! be sure to add SSH, BSD, and SB apps to your phone right of the bat so you can log into your phone using total commander, iphonebrowser or whatever you use to edit your phone files!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I have a few follow up questions:-

If I want to keep customize should I upgrade to 1.1.3 or just wait until customize works with 1.1.4 - is the difference between 1.1.3-1.1.4 worth it?

What is this pwnage program...will it be worth waiting on instead?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thetonyclifton View Post
    I have a few follow up questions:-

If I want to keep customize should I upgrade to 1.1.3 or just wait until customize works with 1.1.4 - is the difference between 1.1.3-1.1.4 worth it?
    I think there is a patch for Customize so you can use it for 1.1.4 but don't quote me since I don't use Customize.

Yeah there's ways around customize. You really don't need it much with summerboard themes, and you can change anything by reading a guide, and ssh'ing into the phone. I'm just really started researching pwnage two days ago, I'm totally gonna try it to see it it fixes my woes, but it looks like it's really geared towards the tech savvy to write personalized .ipsw. Have you seen the video?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    yeah i saw the pwnage video, I have waited this long, maybe i should wait another week or two and see how the pwnage thing turns out before I upgrade.

going back to my original question, can any1 tell me why don't i have the Edit option in sources ?

your Installer App is not upgraded. You must upgrade to a newer version so you can add sources.