Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Kind of a noob question but then again I am a noob...

Default Kind of a noob question but then again I am a noob...
    So I recently purchased a 8gig Iphone and activated it with AT&T. I have since jailbroke it to add 3rd party applications to it. Now that I have done that is there a chance my phone can become bricked and if so how can I avoid having this happen?

Thanks

Livin the iPhone Life desepticon's Avatar
    Thanks

unless your unlocking theres no way to permanantly brick your iphone. the worst that could happen is a spinning circle of death/freeze if you install the wrong app. This can usually be fixed by deleted the newly installed app/file over ssh or doing a restore.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    My brother was eaten by wolves on the NJ Turnpike.

iPhone? More like MyPhone D3VIL™'s Avatar
    Thanks

Just be cautious what apps you install from Installer (ie: untrusted sources). Also be carefull what you do when you SSH into you phone.

Remember, you can always restore via iTunes

If you found anything I said/did useful, please click on the Button

Ok so let me get this straight and remember bear with me since I am a noob but desperately want to learn. If I only jailbroke my phone (which is opening it up to 3rd party apps) they (being the evil empire of Apple) can't brick my phone. Where as if I would have unlocked my phone (made it so it would work on any carrier) then they could have bricked my phone. Is this correct?

The reason is I want to make sure that if I every try to update my Itunes or update the phone that I will not be for lack of a better term screwing myself and causing my phone to be rendered useless.

Again thank you guys for the help.