Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unknown Error (1) when trying to downgrade 1.1.1 >>> 1.0.2

Well it looks like I found a fix for my problem not being able to restore/reload firmware. I was getting the (1) error as well as the 1604 error.

All I did was RESTART my main computer, disconnect my iPhone. launch iTunes when the computer boots back up, plug in phone, Turn phone on (to the normal plug into itunes screen, not the black firmware downgrade screen) and select restore. Restored no problem.

i just wanted to say thanks to everyone who helped me out. I ended up figuring it out with some help then went on to re update and the phone to 1.1.1 with apptapp onboard and jailbroken and it works like a charm. so thanks once again.

Quote Originally Posted by originalgoast View Post
    when im trying it and ive tried a few times now. The iphone seems to stay on the screen that has the itunes logo and dock connector with the arrow above it. And apptapp just dosnt do anything. its been running for about 5 min now.
    same with mine, ive been having this problem, i tried for about 3 hours last night, i might as well just try it on my PC, but i will loose all my contacts on the PC ?

i never get the yellow error triangle, blank screen, white screen, arrow with iTunes logo, but never the triangle
    ive tried multipulte times, and always get to the AppTapp step it continuously says this will take 2-3 min. please be patient.... :'(

i seem to be stuck somewhere, or missing something, i Hold down the home and power button ten seconds get the blank screen, so in iTunes i downgrade to the 1.0.2 firmwhere (sp?) and i get the error, i go to AppTapp (this is where i get stuck) and let it do its thing, but it says please wait this may take 2-3 min, and i waited 25 min last night with no results..... Any help? i tried this a second time waiting for 10 min, no AppTapp errors......
    Last edited by p8ntballerchuck; 2007-10-12 at 02:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

<i edited out everything i typed to hide how much a n00b i really am, etc etc>

The timing thing worked

if you see the dock and itunes thing, you held the 2 buttons too long!

THANKS GUYS!

I LOVE THIS SITE!
    Last edited by GLOD!; 2007-10-12 at 06:55 PM.
    Dear iPhone 3.0.
    Please keep me from buying a Palm Pre.

Thanks,
    GLOD!

Quote Originally Posted by ufmedrudy View Post
    My I instant message you on AIM?

With all due respect, EVERYONE gets the error message 1.
    no you aren't when you get the error one message the 1.0.2 software never made it to the restoring process. trust me I tried for 8 hrs it was still 1.1.1

My I instant message you on AIM?

With all due respect, EVERYONE gets the error message 1.
    no you aren't when you get the error one message the 1.0.2 software never made it to the restoring process. trust me I tried for 8 hrs it was still 1.1.1
    Last edited by steve_k; 2007-10-12 at 09:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i really wish this was mentioned in the tutorials and thanks to mmi patrons like cramer i was able to figure it out

just like steve and others i got error(1) after extracting, as opposed to error with the four digits

this means that that you didnt get the timing right when letting go to the power/suspend button. if it shows the dock connector image with itunes logo YOU GOT THE TIMING WRONG

you must have tje following correect,

1. absolutly nothing on the screen and 2. recognition in itunes as an iphone that needs a restore
    Dear iPhone 3.0.
    Please keep me from buying a Palm Pre.

Thanks,
    GLOD!

Yes sounds right

AppTapp will also fail but your phone will reboot and it will connect to iTunes and activate....

Then run AppTapp again and it should install
    My iPhone still blank and won't connect to iTunes and activate...

Quote Originally Posted by sebz26 View Post
    Hi lads,

A couple of hours back I unboxed my brand new iPhone, and it came with 1.1.1. When I was trying to downgrade it to 1.0.2, I kept on running into the same error (01). Here is what happens:

I put the phone into restore mode (10 sec pwr+home, 10 sec home, display is dark). The phone gets recognized in iTunes on my Mac (I tried both iTunes 7.3.2 and 7.4.2), and when I select the 1.0.2 ipsw firmware archive and hit restore, iTunes unzips the archive. However, towards the end of the unzip, the process seems to hang or lag for a second or two, and immediately after iTunes returns this ominous error (1). Restore -> nada, phone is still on 1.1.1.

I have seen posts about this before, albeit only a few, but none seemed to be resolved, so I give it another shot. The dev team wiki suggests that people who encounter this are going to the wrong restore mode, but as stated above, I'm positive I get this bit right.

Now, is there anyone out there who managed to work around this particular issue? Any input will be greatly appreciated, thanks!
    just use iBrickr 9. It will help you get around that issue and downgrade

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mirza513 View Post
    just use iBrickr 9. It will help you get around that issue and downgrade
    Agree. Use iBrickr v0.91, it will assist you in getting into DFU mode and doing a v1.0.2 restore.

i am getting desperate. i get the same problems everyone mentioned here ... error message 1 immediately after unzip, the cable to itune image or the black screen image if i let go of sleep after 10sec exactly but still it wont restore.

on one hand i guess since almost everyone got it fixed, there is some light at the tunnel for me ... but i really tried everything said here including restore again to 1.1.1, use independence to set it to DFU mode still it refuse to restore giving error 1.

now trying windows but will take another 20 mins to download the 1.1.1. Hoping to start from fresh in windows and see if it works.

if anyone else have any other suggestions or if i missed out anything please do help. rather desperate.

Tried the windows method with and without the ibrickr both also gave the error message 1.

sigh

After so many hours still cannot work. i can reinstall everything back to 1.1.1 with no problems but it would be bricked and ask for activation with sim.

but it just wont downgrade to 1.0.2. and everything i try just end up with error 1 after the extracting of the firmware.
    Last edited by matevam; 2007-10-19 at 09:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

hey guys, I've read all the posts I'm where this gentleman was and when i run apptapp it stops on stage two also says "Bad Stage 1" Any suggestions? I've held down the sleep power button and started all over several times with no luck, when I disconnect the phone from my computer it goes into a boot loop bringing me back to the yellow triangle???

can anyone help me with a similar problem
    I am using MAC0sx
    The wiki simply doesnt reflect real experience and maybe it couldbe updated:
    1. when downloading the 1.0.2 firmware on a mac ...it is automatically unarchived
    2. when navigating to that unarchived folder to restore the software using itunes, the CHOOSE button remains greyed out when trying to select the folder and there is no clearly evident file to select within the folder

Any advice on the above?
    3. I tried what i think is the method in this thread. i rezipped the downloaded 1.0.2 software and tried that...well i get error messages and blank screens but it does not go as suggested above.

what does anyone suggest as the definitve method to downgrade from 1.1.1 to 1.0.2 on a new unactivated phone using a mac ...

and urgent thanks in advance
    splurge

STATUS UPDATE: since trying all the solutions suggested here my phone now powers up in the state of showing the Itunes icon and the Cable connector. If i plug into itunes it suggests that the phone is in restore mode but i cant select the firmware to use as per above and apptap just hangs on its 2-3 minute message. So any advice soooooooooo appreciated as this seems to be a common problem and i have not worked my way out of it.
    Last edited by splurge; 2007-10-24 at 06:32 AM. Reason: status update

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123