Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unknown Error (1) when trying to downgrade 1.1.1 >>> 1.0.2

Quote Originally Posted by originalgoast View Post
    when im trying it and ive tried a few times now. The iphone seems to stay on the screen that has the itunes logo and dock connector with the arrow above it. And apptapp just dosnt do anything. its been running for about 5 min now.
    i agree with u buddy im having same problem

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Nashville, TN- Vanderbilt University School of Medicine
    Thanks

u shouldnt ever see this screen

press and hold down the power and home button for 10 seconds...

let go of the power button but keep the home button pressed...you wont see anything on your screen but itunes will recogonize it in recovery mode

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ufmedrudy For This Useful Post:

cranie (2007-10-12)

ok yeah this is my exact prob also. what can we do?
    I don't know. I suppose if nothing else I'll fire up the PC tomorrow and try it on that..
    seems silly when my iMac is CLEARLY superior

Thank You to all that has helped me here. I hope one of the moderators can note this way of downgrading. I found it on another site too. My phone is fully functional.

Quote Originally Posted by ufmedrudy View Post
    u shouldnt ever see this screen

press and hold down the power and home button for 10 seconds...

let go of the power button but keep the home button pressed...you wont see anything on your screen but itunes will recogonize it in recovery mode
    You are absolutely correct...THAT was my mistake...you should NOT see that screen
    Guys you're holding the sleep button for too long..hold both buttons when the screen goes blank let go of it and hold JUST the home button..the phone will look like it's off. Start iTunes and it will see it in restore mode. Follow the instructions from there to restore to 1.0.2 ...my phone is taking the firmware now

ok well i got something new now. i just held down the home button till itunes picked it up and i had nothing but a black screen. then i tried to restore it and the screen turned white and failed (1). so now i have app tapp doing it stuff.

Is this the correct direction i should be going in?

Thanks

Yes sounds right

AppTapp will also fail but your phone will reboot and it will connect to iTunes and activate....

Then run AppTapp again and it should install

I am having the same issues. I get error code 1 when I try to downgrade and error code 2003 when I try to restore.

I got as far as the SSH in the jailbreak, but i could not connect to the phone. I then noticed that my iPhone was only recognizing 300mb of disk space and i only had about 27mb Free. Once I saw this i decided to restore my phone, which was probably a bad idea. Doesnt seem to want to restore, or downgrade. I really hope someone finds a fix for this.

Thanks

Upgrade your phone to 1.1.1 and follow my directions from page one....it works i Promise

Quote Originally Posted by basanoviat View Post
    then noticed that my iPhone was only recognizing 300mb of disk space and i only had about 27mb Free. Once I saw this i decided to restore my phone, which was probably a bad idea. Doesnt seem to want to restore, or downgrade. I really hope someone finds a fix for this.
    There is quite a lot of mention in the forums of this..has to do with one partition not being seen (I saw it when I tried doing the tiff exploit). If you do a forum search you should find info on it (sorry I don't recall more..)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cranie View Post
    You are absolutely correct...THAT was my mistake...you should NOT see that screen
    Guys you're holding the sleep button for too long..hold both buttons when the screen goes blank let go of it and hold JUST the home button..the phone will look like it's off. Start iTunes and it will see it in restore mode. Follow the instructions from there to restore to 1.0.2 ...my phone is taking the firmware now

What I literally do is count to 10 (1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi....etc) and then let go of the power button but hold that home button down until iTunes recogonizes it in recovery mode

What I literally do is count to 10 (1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi....etc) and then let go of the power button but hold that home button down until iTunes recogonizes it in recovery mode
    Yup it's working exactly as written now (errors and all )
    I JUST finished the apptapp install.
    NOW I have to start the whole OTHER part again...

This should almost be a sticky note..
    "IF you see this screen..you did the button press incorrectly.."

I could have been messing with this for DAYS.

am i suppose to get a bootstrap error in app tapp after the itunes error after unpacking but not installing

Thanks

Yes you are

Say ok...your phone should be rebooting and activating

Now you can run apptapp again and you're good to go

yea its not rebooting its still on the black screen

Thanks

You got the bootstrap error, and you said ok? It shuold reboot the phone at this point

it gave me the option to abort and i said ok. and it pretty much is staying at this black screen
    and when i open up itunes the screen turns white and fails the 1.0.2 again (1 error) and then i try apptapp again but no failures so far

for the few people who got the error message 1. try using a pc to downgrade. i've tried every single downgrade. however now when i use installer and try to install programs i get error during install script execution.

Thanks

it gave me the option to abort and i said ok. and it pretty much is staying at this black screen
    and when i open up itunes the screen turns white and fails the 1.0.2 again (1 error) and then i try apptapp again but no failures so far

My I instant message you on AIM?

Quote Originally Posted by steve_k View Post
    for the few people who got the error message 1. try using a pc to downgrade. i've tried every single downgrade. however now when i use installer and try to install programs i get error during install script execution.
    With all due respect, EVERYONE gets the error message 1.
    Last edited by ufmedrudy; 2007-10-12 at 08:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My I instant message you on AIM?
    please do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast