Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: passlock problem after jailbreak "attempt"

Default passlock problem after jailbreak "attempt"
    alright now, i feel like i shouldnt have been messing around with it. but, i used iliberty+ to jailbreak my phone. (i wanted to get the iphone piano, but that is a different story...) now all i get is the black screen with the apple and the wheel. i am able to put it into recovery mode (however it does not show a yellow triangle, i get the usb cable plugging into the itunes logo).

i want to restore to its original state and sync again to get all of my music and pictures, but i am unable to type in the password. if there is a way to restore without itunes or bypass the password in order to restore my iphone that would be great but if im screwed oh well lol.

i am not that great with the technical jargon but any help would be appreciated. i tried my best to search for an answer and find the right forum, so sorry if this thread is misplaced.

Livin the iPhone Life desepticon's Avatar
    Thanks

what password? I don't know of any password when you are restoring. Unless you mean your Account Password for your comp, in which case you should know it.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    My brother was eaten by wolves on the NJ Turnpike.

basically my problem is that i dont have access to the home screen and i cannot disable or enter my iphone PIN. i am trying to restore through itunes but it will not connect to my iphone.

when i plug it into my computer it only shows the black screen with apple/wheel and jingles every minute or so. same thing when i turn it on. my iphone was updated to 1.1.4 before i started messing with it.
    Last edited by tonymacalpine; 2008-04-01 at 08:06 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life desepticon's Avatar
    Thanks

put it into recovery mode (search the forums on how to do that)
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    My brother was eaten by wolves on the NJ Turnpike.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to desepticon For This Useful Post:

tonymacalpine (2008-04-01)

hey thanks alot! i put it in recovery and tried 2 other computers. the first one would not restore but the other computer did restore and i still have all of my pictures, music, contacts, etc. just like it was before.

its easy to freak out about a 400 dollar thing but its all good now, it always works out in the end.