Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 81

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Connection Refused

  1. #1
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Napavine, Washington, United States
    Posts
    79
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Default Connection Refused
    I keep getting connection refused when i try to ssh into my phone after jailbreaking 1.1.1 i did everything i was supost to including using iphoneinterface to put the 1 plist that fails when installing ssh but i still cant connect? i read some other people had the same problem so what did you end up having to do?

  2. #2
    im having the same problem

  3. #3
    Retired Moderator stlcaddie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Saint Louis, MO
    Posts
    1,088
    Thanks
    140
    Thanked 128 Times in 90 Posts

    me too....i never changed the password....i dont know what happen.....

  4. #4
    Livin the iPhone Life Eurisko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,307
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 562 Times in 483 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by stlcaddie View Post
    me too....i never changed the password....i dont know what happen.....
    Let's step back. Are you guys getting the error when you try to connect or after you enter the User ID and Password? What exactly does the error say?

  5. #5
    Retired Moderator stlcaddie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Saint Louis, MO
    Posts
    1,088
    Thanks
    140
    Thanked 128 Times in 90 Posts

    im getting it when it tries to connect.....NETWORK ERROR: CONNECTION REFUSED

  6. #6
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Napavine, Washington, United States
    Posts
    79
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Well for me iv'e broken outa jail and confimed by getfile fstab and whatnot and confirmed i have the rw access. I installed SSH with This Package but whenever i try to connect with winscp i just get "Network Error: Connection Refused"

  7. #7
    mine says
    searching for host...
    connecting to host...
    authenticating.....
    user name root
    authenticating with pre enteredpassword
    access denied

    its like dottie is no longer good for me
    at first it just said access denied
    then i ran ssh with the iphoneinterface out of the new ibrick like it says in the origanal inst. and now i getting what i wrote above.
    bad password
    Last edited by stereo313; 2007-10-11 at 08:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  8. #8
    Livin the iPhone Life Eurisko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,307
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 562 Times in 483 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by stlcaddie View Post
    im getting it when it tries to connect.....NETWORK ERROR: CONNECTION REFUSED
    The SSH deamon may not actually be running. Did you reboot?

    Quote Originally Posted by stereo313 View Post
    mine says
    searching for host...
    connecting to host...
    authenticating.....
    user name root
    authenticating with pre enteredpassword
    access denied

    its like dottie is no longer good for me
    at first it just said access denied
    then i ran ssh with the iphoneinterface out of the new ibrick like it says in the origanal inst. and now i getting what i wrote above.
    bad password
    Try "alpine"
    Last edited by Eurisko; 2007-10-11 at 08:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  9. #9
    that worked for me thanks

    i think the key was using the different iphoneinterace from the new ibrick

    idn

  10. #10
    im getting the same: NETWORK ERROR: CONNECTION REFUSED

    i have rebooted both my PC and iPhone multiple times, tried changing password, nothing

    also i did this:
    "Then, check the directory that iphuc-jailbreak.exe is in for the file 'fstab'. Open it and look around for 'rw'. It may have it in there a few times, but nowhere should you see 'ro'. If you do see 'ro', you have probably failed and should try again."

    no ro's only rw's should be good....

    im not enjoying my 300mb iphone right now
    Last edited by ChemicalWeather; 2007-10-11 at 08:26 PM.

  11. #11
    mine worked and then when tring to add bin files it crashed. now i cant get back on through wsp

    redid ssh and is working fine
    Last edited by stereo313; 2007-10-11 at 09:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  12. #12
    I'm getting the same "Network error: Connection refused." using both WinSCP and PuTTY. With PuTTY it doesn't even get to the point where I can enter a login. In WinSCP, it just sits at "Searching for host..." and then I get that error. I don't make it as far as stereo313 does with WinSCP. I am able to ping the iPhone so I know WiFi's working, but SSH doesn't appear to be running on the phone. Where can I look to make sure the SSH program starts up when the phone is turned on?

    I'm also in the same boat as ChemicalWeather with only 300MB capacity. What's that all about? Was that supposed to happen with the jailbreak? How do I get my full 8GB capacity back?
    Last edited by hauler34; 2007-10-11 at 09:51 PM.

  13. #13
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    200
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts

    i am getting connection refused as well... i tried "alpine" as the password with no luck... any other ideas? i've re-sshifed my phone several times

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffl1 View Post
    i am getting connection refused as well... i tried "alpine" as the password with no luck... any other ideas? i've re-sshifed my phone several times
    Me too. I haven't tried using alpine yet, as I have started over for like the fourth time. Every time I try to connect after jailbreaking the 1.1.1 with WinSCP the connection is refused.

    One weird question. Should you restore your files when you have upgraded to 1.1.1? I haven't (because it takes so long), but I was just trying to think of any and all possibilities to why it won't connect.

  15. #15
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    200
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Webnasty View Post
    Me too. I haven't tried using alpine yet, as I have started over for like the fourth time. Every time I try to connect after jailbreaking the 1.1.1 with WinSCP the connection is refused.

    One weird question. Should you restore your files when you have upgraded to 1.1.1? I haven't (because it takes so long), but I was just trying to think of any and all possibilities to why it won't connect.

    i have restored mine and it doesnt work.... after i restored is when it shows that i only have 300 mb of disk space

  16. #16
    I'm starting to think our problem is with "restore". It's specifically says we have to hit the update button, not the restore button. I think the install of the new firmware just kicked off on it's own.

  17. #17
    Good point, I have gotten that message too when I was frustrated and tried to restore them just to try something different.

    I do 'update' to go to ver 1.1.1. My iPhone doesn't activate after the update process, and I have to do it after the next step. The directions do say that is ok.
    Last edited by Webnasty; 2007-10-11 at 10:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  18. #18
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    200
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts

    the "restore" i clicked was NOT the restore to restore to the original firmware. i clicked the restore button where it asks if i want to set up a new iPhone or restore the info from another... the guy that posted a few posts ago said that he had not restored his info and it still will not work...

    i have tried mine both ways and it doesnt work

  19. #19
    I just noticed something strange. I started over (again). In ver 1.02 I logged on with WinSCP and SSH. I followed the directions from this site and backed up the file tree 2 steps so the ‘Current directory’ was: / (just like the picture on modmyi’s directions). Then I opened the terminal and cut and pasted in:

    mv /var/root/Media /var/root/Media.old

    then hit Execute. Then I did the same for:

    ln -s / /var/root/Media

    and hit execute. I noticed the media and media.old folders have the following strings:

    /var/root/Media/var/root/Media
    /var/root/Media/var/root/Media.old

    Is that correct that it doubled those strings like that (instead of just /var/root/Media & /var/root/Media.old) ?

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffl1 View Post
    the "restore" i clicked was NOT the restore to restore to the original firmware. i clicked the restore button where it asks if i want to set up a new iPhone or restore the info from another... the guy that posted a few posts ago said that he had not restored his info and it still will not work...

    i have tried mine both ways and it doesnt work
    That's because you guys aren't reading the full tutorial and following all the directions. You MUST finish the steps before trying to restore your songs etc.

    Here's a hint, you have to remove the sym link you created to allow the 1.1.1 update, that is what is keeping things from looking right to itunes.

    READ the tutorial and follow ALL of the steps, it works fine if you do.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •