Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Connection Refused

My iPhone is a Part of Me lifesmymachine's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ijustin View Post
    still no dice, any help with the connection BUllSh1T

and where can i get the au.asn.ucc.matt.dropbear.plist
    yea i cant connect yet either, but here's where i got the file..
    (right click it and save it to the same ssh folder)

http://iphone.natetrue.com/au.asn.uc...dropbear.plist
    "The glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time you fall."

iPhone? More like MyPhone ijustin's Avatar
    Thanks

HERE IT IS....got some help thanks to geoffl1!!! (Thanks man!!)

try using natetrues, thats what i used...

http://devices.natetrue.com/iphone/sshkit.zip

and then put iphoneinterface from the newest iBrickr in that folder after you extract it

http://ibrickr.com/downloads/ibrickr_v0.91.zip

Then open up WinSCP with name-root password-alpine

Worked like a mfing charm!!!! (Thanks geoffl1!!!)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ijustin For This Useful Post:

lifesmymachine (2007-10-12)

iPhone? More like MyPhone kainisable's Avatar
    Thanks

alpine !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its alpine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol

Like What i Said?, Hit The Thanks Button!

For those having trouble with SSH/SCP in 1.1.1, under Windows, this is what I had to do to get it to work, maybe it can help:

1.) I did indeed use Nate True's original SSH package, which is from July. Although I already had this package around I downloaded it again based on the instructions in the dev team's guide:
    "For Windows:
    1. Follow the instructions here:
    http://cre.ations.net/blog/post/howt...on-your-iphone

NOTE: If you download Nate True's iPhone SSH kit you will need to
    grab iphoneinterface.exe from his latest iBrickr release to
    actually make it work."

2.) As instructed, above, I copied iphoneinterface.exe from iBrickr 0.9 into the folder containing the SSH package (the folder with sshify-windows.bat in it), overwriting the copy of iphoneinterface.exe that was already there.

3.) Even after doing the above, and using the correct password of "alpine" I still couldn't get past Connection Refused.

4.) Like the guide here (Windows SSH under 1.1.1) noted, I too noticed that the last file wasn't successfully copied when running sshify-windows.bat. That file was com.apple.update.plist. I used iphoneinterface.exe (in the SSH package folder) to putfile the file in question:
    putfile /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.update.plist

5.) I was still not able to login with WinSCP (or PuTTY).

6.) I decided to clear out any remaining keys (from using WinSCP with my 1.0.2 iPhone--different key) and other settings in WinSCP. So from WinSCP's main screen I went to Tools-->Clean Up, checked all boxes, and then clicked OK. I setup my iPhone connection again.

7.) Success (mostly)! This time WinSCP did not try to use an old key and "eventually" connected. I quoted "eventually" as I would often get an "Invalid access to memory" error during the first login attempt. Hitting "OK" and logging in again produced the message "Error looking up user groups" but it still let me in.

8.) With flakey, but usable, SCP access now in place I quickly added BSD world, as suggested in the Dev Team's guide:
    "2. Once you're in, you will also want to install the BSD world. NerveGas has built a new version of the BSD subsystem that doesn't require libarmfp.
    Download and extract the following files:

http://iphone.natetrue.com/BSD_Base-2.0.tar.gz
    http://iphone.natetrue.com/BSD_Extra-2.0.tar.gz"

9.) I did not use the Dev Team guide to actually install BSD world on my iPhone. Instead I extracted the above files into folders on my PC (e.g. the BSD_Extra archive contained bin and usr folders).

10.) I used WinSCP to copy the contents of each BSD world's folder on my PC to the iPhone. So the bin folder's contents was copied to the iPhone's /bin folder. Usr/bin files to /usr/bin, etc. Several files were already on the iPhone (from installing SSH). WinSCP barked and crashed if I attempted to overwrite them on the iPhone. So, one at a time, I deleted these files from the iPhone and added the versions from BSD world (getting picky at this point, but I figured I might as well go all of the way).

Anyway after that I was easily able to patch the springboard and install Installer.app.

I have now removed all traces of the above version of dropbear SSH and have instead used Installer to install OpenSSH. The SSH, as installed by sshify-windows.bat, seemed a bit flakey, and I had heard it was not the best SSH setup (as opposed to installing dropbear via iBrickr, which installs differently than via sshify-windows.bat, or OpenSSH).

--
    Mike

My iPhone is a Part of Me lifesmymachine's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ijustin View Post
    HERE IT IS....got some help thanks to geoffl1!!! (Thanks man!!)

try using natetrues, thats what i used...

http://devices.natetrue.com/iphone/sshkit.zip

and then put iphoneinterface from the newest iBrickr in that folder after you extract it

http://ibrickr.com/downloads/ibrickr_v0.91.zip

Then open up WinSCP with name-root password-alpine

Worked like a mfing charm!!!! (Thanks geoffl1!!!)
    i tried this earlier as well, but since you had the exact same problem as me, i gave it another go and IT WORKED!!!

thank you so much

for anyone that has problems in the future, heres what I that made it finally work:
    i didnt let itunes open up or activate at all (i hit the x before it could open every time i reset the phone, etc)
    i used this version of ssh (from july)
    i copied the dropbear file AND the com.apple.update.plist file over
    i reset my computer and iphone in between major steps
    user name is: root
    password is: alpine
    make sure you are connecting through the scp file protocol
    (and btw, be sure to read the directions word for word, every little capitalization, space, and letter is crucial.. as is restarting your phone when they say to)

something worked lol
    "The glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time you fall."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by geoffl1 View Post
    i tried and tried and mine works now... yoshi was just calling some dude out for not knowing the new root password and thinking there was a mac specific password instead of just saying that there was 1 universal password
    Actually, I'm with Yoshi on this one. There's nothing more politically incorrect than someone who doesn't know what they're talking about trying to "correct" someone who does. It was Webnasty saying "Yoshi - 'alpine' is for the Mac instructions. This is a Windows forum."

Being a beginner is fine, everyone needs help at some point, and I myself love assisting with everything I can. But when someone tells body else with more experience they don't know what they're doing. It's just a bit insulting.

We're all one big community here trying to achieve the same thing. I think we could go about it with just a little more respect and decorum.

im actually having this error after unbricking. should i try this step for 1.0.2?

Thanks

do what i said up there^^^

Geez Eurisko, I admitted I was wrong. You bring up "insulting", but many felt Yoshi was being insulting with his comments. I am sorry, I didn't mean to steer anyone wrong. Let's move past this.

Thanks

how come people are wasting this forum arguing about anything.....this is to help people who need help, not people who think they know more then the other person...GET OVER IT. Its enough i gotta hear my baby momma all the time...i love her but damn.

Quote Originally Posted by stlcaddie View Post
    how come people are wasting this forum arguing about anything.....this is to help people who need help, not people who think they know more then the other person...GET OVER IT. Its enough i gotta hear my baby momma all the time...i love her but damn.
    Agreed, I'm over this why isn't everyone else? I'm sorry if I hurt anyone's delicate feelings jesus.

Can we get back to the business of helping people get up and running?

iPhone? More like MyPhone renegaderon's Avatar
    Thanks

Finally got it to connect

Open WinSCP click on tools, cleanup, check all click ok , thats it worked great

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Woo hoo!! Tinmans instructions worked perfect for me!!

Thanks Dude!

CGM

Thanks

where the hell do you see tools on winscp?

Nevermind Found It (doh!)
    Last edited by ijustin; 2007-10-12 at 10:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by cgmcdaniel View Post
    Woo hoo!! Tinmans instructions worked perfect for me!!

Thanks Dude!

CGM
    Glad it helped. I have posted a guide over at EverythingiPhone on how to "easily" jailbreak a 1.1.1 iPhone without needing to downgrade to 1.0.2 first. I wrote this guide after I nearly bricked my iPhone by trying to load ringtones with iBrickr (0.8 or 0.7). It killed my springboard for some reason (and I had "iPod" where carrier logo should be--like an iPod Touch).

Anyway since I restored back to 1.1.1 and it fixed my springboard. But I didn't want to have to downgrade to 1.0.2 again. So I used Niacin's tiff exploit to avoid having to do that--and it worked great.

The guide is here:
    http://www.everythingiphone.com/foru...ows-14330.html

(I'd post it here too but this place already does a good job with guides--a great job.)

--
    Mike

Hi Tinman,

I am not using AT&T sim, and i used iphonesimfree to unlock. After upgrading to 1.1.1 and when i try to connect using WINSCP it says Network error: connection refused. However I can ping my iphone so I am very sure that the wifi is connected to the iphone. But seems my SSH/SCP is not running in iphone.

Help me.

Regards,
    Francis.

Hey guys, I had the same problem too. I checked what my phone's IP was connected to and it worked! Try that and see what happens.

I did jailbreak to 1.1.1 but the iPhone is still unlocked and the springboard also. so, how I can connect to SCP while the WiFi is not activated???
    Please your help

iPhone? More like MyPhone RC_OZ's Avatar
    Thanks

if ip address is correct and you're sure password is correct, try deleting known_hosts file. I had to do that a few times and new one would be generated when you connect again. 1st time connecting takes longer, you may just need to be patient too.

HTH

21. The Following User Says Thank You to RC_OZ For This Useful Post:

Advil (2008-05-03)

After 8 hours I found a solution for this on my Iphone.

My iPhone was virginized , upgraded to 1.1.1, then CARNAVAL v0.4 - One-Click Jailbreak/Activate/YouTube/3rd Party Software was used.

After that I could no longer connect to WinScp even though I could with 1.02 and with 1.1.1 that wasn't virginized.

I spent 8 hours trying every possible way including SSHify, and more.

Heres what I finally had to do.

1. Restore 1.1.1 with Itunes.
    a. Put the iphone in restore mode. Hold Power and Home button for 10 seconds. Then release Power button but continue to hold Home button for 10 more seconds. Phone will be in restore mode with nthing on the screen.
    b. iTunes will tell you the iPhone is in restore mode. Click the restore button in iTunes and it will ask if you want to restore and upgrade. Click ok.

2. iPhone will be locked again after 1.1.1 is restored. Use Carnaval to reactivate/Jailbreak, etc. Instructions here:
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12427

3. Click on the installer. It will say there is a new version available. Install it and then restart installer.

4. Start Installer and install Community Sources. Retsart iPhone

5. Start Installer and install BSD Subsystem Ver 1.5. Restart iPhone.

6. Start Installer and install OpenSSH. Restart iPhone

7. Start WinScp and login with your iPhones IP and login:root , password:alpine . It will tae 30-45 seconds for WinScp to start up and then you will be back in.

Hope this helps some of you guys.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast