Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Connection Refused

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheYoshi View Post
    Interesting that you would think "alpine" has anything to do with using windows or using a mac as it is the root password for the iPhone itself and has nothing whatsoever to do with what you are connecting to the iPhone with.

yoshi... you are calling people out for not understanding or knowing as much as you... calm down, some people are beginners

iPhone? More like MyPhone ijustin's Avatar
    Thanks

AHHHHHHHHHH I have tried everything!!! Im just going to wait until someone can resolve the connection bullsh!t!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by geoffl1 View Post
    yoshi... you figured it out already, just go away. be thankful you didnt have any problems
    let's not act too pissy to the people who have figured it out. I was successful on my fourth try. Yeah, i was pissed i couldnt get passed the "connection refused" issue. But I kept reading the forums and tried again and again.

Thanks

hmmm......im dying here
    Last edited by stlcaddie; 2007-10-12 at 02:48 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spamdumpster View Post
    let's not act too pissy to the people who have figured it out. I was successful on my fourth try. Yeah, i was pissed i couldnt get passed the "connection refused" issue. But I kept reading the forums and tried again and again.
    i tried and tried and mine works now... yoshi was just calling some dude out for not knowing the new root password and thinking there was a mac specific password instead of just saying that there was 1 universal password

so the password is alpine?

Quote Originally Posted by geoffl1 View Post
    i tried and tried and mine works now... yoshi was just calling some dude out for not knowing the new root password and thinking there was a mac specific password instead of just saying that there was 1 universal password
    I simply pointed out that people who were saying they had carefully read all the directions and followed them could not have read the tutorials carefully as they had claimed, if they had done so if they would not still be using the old root password as every tutorial I've seen very clearly states it changed..

<rant>
    That's my point the forums are here to help people which I have been attempting to do in many ways. But it wastes everyone's time when people are posting questions about things that are very clearly stated in tutorials. Most of what I've been trying to help people with are things that they need to deviate from the tutorial slightly which I am happy to do, but it has to frustrate the guys who put work into these tutorials to have people not even read them and post about issues they wouldn't have if they actually had read.

</rant>

Thanks

I simply pointed out that people who were saying they had carefully read all the directions and followed them could not have read the tutorials carefully as they had claimed, if they had done so if they would not still be using the old root password as every tutorial I've seen very clearly states it changed..

<rant>
    That's my point the forums are here to help people which I have been attempting to do in many ways. But it wastes everyone's time when people are posting questions about things that are very clearly stated in tutorials. Most of what I've been trying to help people with are things that they need to deviate from the tutorial slightly which I am happy to do, but it has to frustrate the guys who put work into these tutorials to have people not even read them and post about issues they wouldn't have if they actually had read.

</rant>
    i used the tutorials here from MMi and i didn't see it say "alpine" anywhere but i will apologize for jumping your case... back to attempting to help other users

My iPhone is a Part of Me lifesmymachine's Avatar
    Thanks

ok so I have been modding my phone since early august, and have done so for several friends as well.
    i wouldnt call myself an expert by any means, but usually i can figure things out on my own.. and i have used winscp, putty, and the command prompt numerous times before.. but i am still stuck with the same issue as these folks here

i am getting the connection refused error before i have a chance to even enter a password in putty, and the same connection refused error in winscp no matter what i have the password as

i have followed the tutorial word for word (more than once), added both the au.asn.ucc.matt.dropbear.plist and the com.apple.update.plist files, and reset both my computer and phone numerous times

i may be overlooking something really silly, but any help would be greatly appreciated

-------
    (btw to those of you with the same issue, mine also says my phone holds 300mb but i know once SSH is working and we finish the steps, we can clean up the sym link we made and this error will dissapear)

also, just because i dont know who else has tried it, iPhoneBrowser works with a jailbroken 1.1.1 phone
    Last edited by lifesmymachine; 2007-10-12 at 04:02 AM.
    "The glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time you fall."

guys i am in the same boat.....

have re-read and re-tried several different guides....

been working on it for around four hours....

tried adding both files, nothing connection refused error....

and i have 300 mb of file storage....

dont know what i am doing wrong....

Try using SCP instead of SFTP. Does that connect? use SCP to copy the bsd world stuff.

Thanks

Try using SCP instead of SFTP. Does that connect? use SCP to copy the bsd world stuff.
    i was using scp, (although over a month ago i made that mistake lol)

im currently starting over from scratch yet again

i think what may have caused the problem is letting the iphone try to sync one of the times i reconnected it

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am in the same boat as well. I'm on my 4th try. I get the same connection error. I've tried the au.asn.ucc.matt.dropbear.plist file as well to no avail. It is so frustrating to be so close and yet so far.

I've read and re-read the guides, even printed them out as Yoshi suggested. Could it be something Windows oriented that is required, since some of the other folk who have gotten it work were on OSX?

CGM

yeah im also on windows with no avail... still nothing just sitting here with my 300mb phone but atleast i get a period when i double-tap space.

Quote Originally Posted by cgmcdaniel View Post
    I am in the same boat as well. I'm on my 4th try. I get the same connection error. I've tried the au.asn.ucc.matt.dropbear.plist file as well to no avail. It is so frustrating to be so close and yet so far.

I've read and re-read the guides, even printed them out as Yoshi suggested. Could it be something Windows oriented that is required, since some of the other folk who have gotten it work were on OSX?

CGM
    sftp doesn't work with that ssh server, use SCP for everything until you get installer.app up and running, once you do then install openssh with that, it is a MUCH better ssh server and does support sftp.

scp is pretty simple to use so it shouldn't be a big deal.

Thanks

boy yoshi 21 post and youve came swinging ..lol sure you havent been here before under an alias..lol 007 style

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yes, I am using SCP. I've double checked my IP Address. I can even ping the iPhone with no problem. root and Alpine are being used appropriately. I just don't get it. I've even reinstalled SSH several time (including the extra last step). I just don't see what I am doing wrong.

Is there a way on the iPhone to tell if SSH is running?

CGM

Thanks

still no luck, im giving up for now

Hey Yoshi, obviously I was incorrect in thinking 'alpine' was only for the mac. When I was reading the 'read me' doc that came with the jailbreak download, in Section 4 "For mac" it says to use the new password 'alpine'. Under "For windows" it doesn't mention it at all, hence my mistake. ur t3h uber l33t ***or d00d wh0 pwned m3.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ijustin's Avatar
    Thanks

still no dice, any help with the connection BUllSh1T

and where can i get the au.asn.ucc.matt.dropbear.plist

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast