Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.1 Jailbreaking questions (before i start)

Default 1.1.1 Jailbreaking questions (before i start)
    I am thinking about jailbreaking my 1.1.1, my question is should I wait for a easier method to come out soon? (Like till next week?), or perhaps wait for a few installations videos and results of more peopole trying this?

Also I have a activated phone I use (ATT), will this some how unactivated it or anything? Also are most of the apps/new apps ported onto/compatible with new firmware?
    (Followin this guide: http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Dev..._1.0.2_Windows)

Leme know thanks

also does this modify the basehand, and I can safely update if a newer iphone version came out by apple?

And I keep hearing this use a non att and sim, i read the guide it says I can use the att sim. so whats the deal on this, can I use it or not and if I do (connecting to itunes) do I have to sign up for the data plan AGAIN?
    Last edited by woox; 2007-10-11 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone xfsasx's Avatar
    Thanks

if your comfortable I would do it! I did it yesterday and I have a AT&T account. This was a very easy procedure for me and I love my phone even more now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by xfsasx View Post
    if your comfortable I would do it! I did it yesterday and I have a AT&T account. This was a very easy procedure for me and I love my phone even more now!!!
    So can you answer my questions?

he pretty much did dude. he obviously doesnt know for sure if an easier version is coming out next week or not. I'd say there's a good chance at least within the next 2 weeks. I'm really not THAT anxious to upgrade. and if I have some major spare time before one comes out I may just upgrade.. but as of now I'm just sitting back and keeping up with things

I have the same question, I am on the 1.0.2 still. Is anyone out there using summerboard on 1.0.2, upgraded, and was able to use it on 1.1.1? All I kep hearing about is unlocked phone this and unlocked phone that. I want to keep the lock, and just jailbreak it so I cant use my nes and summerboards. Is this possible yet by itself?

Thanks

Eric

iPhone? More like MyPhone ijustin's Avatar
    Thanks

summerboard doesnt work yet, but nes does. I was basically in the same situation as you: have att, have 1.0.2 jailbreak with some apps like nes and etc. It was a simple process i have nes and alot of other ones on there and it is pretty much the same. I just wish i could have my background in the summerboard but im sure that will be updated soon

Quote Originally Posted by hoits2000 View Post
    I have the same question, I am on the 1.0.2 still. Is anyone out there using summerboard on 1.0.2, upgraded, and was able to use it on 1.1.1? All I kep hearing about is unlocked phone this and unlocked phone that. I want to keep the lock, and just jailbreak it so I cant use my nes and summerboards. Is this possible yet by itself?

Thanks

Eric
    according to http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthr...?t=9322&page=2
    Sumerboard DOES NOT WORK on 1.1.1

now for my question:
    Excuse my ignorance, but theres once thing thats confusing me in all this.
    I have a 1.0.2 iPhone Jailbroken (with AT&T legit, no unlock) with about 50 apps installed using installer.app. I understand summerboard doesnt work, BUT, my main question is:
    When I update to 1.1.1 will I have to reinstall all of my apps and settings or will they cary over?

My iPhone is a Part of Me pokekid's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shaiss View Post
    according to http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthr...?t=9322&page=2
    Sumerboard DOES NOT WORK on 1.1.1

now for my question:
    Excuse my ignorance, but theres once thing thats confusing me in all this.
    I have a 1.0.2 iPhone Jailbroken (with AT&T legit, no unlock) with about 50 apps installed using installer.app. I understand summerboard doesnt work, BUT, my main question is:
    When I update to 1.1.1 will I have to reinstall all of my apps and settings or will they cary over?
    from what it looks like bro, no the apps wont carry over due to new frameworks in the firmware...the 3rd party devs will need to edit a few things for it to run on 1.1.1

9. The Following User Says Thank You to pokekid For This Useful Post:

shaiss (2007-10-11)

thanks pokekid, guess I'll be waiting for the 1 step Gui installer that preserves everything. might be a while

iPhone? More like MyPhone ijustin's Avatar
    Thanks

Its not going to preserve anything, its not possible

So I am guessing that I can use my activated phone, and this would not intefere with my calls in anyway? I dont want to sign up for EDGE service crap again, my phone is already activated will the deactive it?

Also does this modify the basehand

Thanks

Can somebody help...I did everything the way the tut says to....everything worked until i try to ssh and install apps on 1.1.1 it keeps telling me dottie is not the password....i never changed it and cant find where the new password is...what can i do to reset the password or find out what the password is....im almost there HELP ME

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default HELP PLEASE please IM LOSIN' It
    Here guys I bought a 1.0.2 and my boss accidentally upgrade it to 1.1.1 when she tried to jailbrake it .. I then dowgraded it to 1.0.2 but the base band remains on 4.3..g blah .. im now on the activate screen-slide to make an emergency call.. whats ur advice what should I try to do now

Quote Originally Posted by captain7 View Post
    Here guys I bought a 1.0.2 and my boss accidentally upgrade it to 1.1.1 when she tried to jailbrake it .. I then dowgraded it to 1.0.2 but the base band remains on 4.3..g blah .. im now on the activate screen-slide to make an emergency call.. whats ur advice what should I try to do now
    your phone Bricked, wait for the unbricking solution from the dev team

Quote Originally Posted by stlcaddie View Post
    Can somebody help...I did everything the way the tut says to....everything worked until i try to ssh and install apps on 1.1.1 it keeps telling me dottie is not the password....i never changed it and cant find where the new password is...what can i do to reset the password or find out what the password is....im almost there HELP ME
    Try "alpine".

Captain7, I downgraded a iPhone yesterday from 1.1.1 to 1.0.2. I did it with ibrickr_v0.9 instructions and the Base Band remains on 4.3 after I used ibrickr run activation script and the iphone works with any sim. I didn't need to used other $$$ tool

Can anyone tell me if this will deactive my ATT service phone and make me reenable it?

And I dont have a non att sim b/c i use att does this mean i cant use this method?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ijustin View Post
    Its not going to preserve anything, its not possible
    Actually, not true... The entire jailbreak process (at least for windows) relies on you leaving some stuff on your phone. All of the apps were uninstalled, but their settings (stored in /var/root/Library&Media were untouched.. Once you get AppTapp Installer up and running, it's simple enough to reinstall everything.

My NES ROMs even stayed through the entire 1.1.1 jailbreak/update process!

your phone Bricked, wait for the unbricking solution from the dev team

Or just put the phone in restore mode and connect it to itunes or just connect it to itunes...

Here is the 3rd party app list of 1.1.1 compatible apps.

http://iphone.fiveforty.net/wiki/ind...d_Applications

Note that summerboard is no longer needed as an upgrade for springboard because 1.1.1 jailbreak has paging built in. I'd like the themes in SB though...

Shaiss - I also have a legit att 1.0.2 not jailbroken. I want to jailbreak it and install apps. Can you direct me to where I can find the instructions? Thanks.