Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Someone please help me , I am new

Default Someone please help me , I am new
    I am new here ,I did a search but do not really know what I am searching for.To start out I have been reading about jailbrake and unlocking the iphone.Yesterday I thought I was ready.I downloaded Liberty and went to work.Unfortunately I lost battery power on the laptop in the middle.All I have now on the iphone is a black page with thousands of white letters scrolling up the screen stating something about "BSD root".I am not very computer literate and do not know where to go from here.I can get the phone to power off sometimes but it comes back on and does the same thing.None of the buttons seem to be operating.Where do I go from here? Any help is appreciated.

you need to put it in recovery mode to restore and do it again... Press en hold the power and home buttons at the same time when the screen go's black. keep holding the home button and connect to the computer or to the power and keep holding the home. the apple logo will show but keep holding the home button then the apple logo will swish to the connect to Itunes logo. the restore normal in itunes and use liberty+ to hack. Make sure you do not stop the proses in the middle because it could damage your phone really bad.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bebeboricua For This Useful Post:

daveslawnmaint (2008-03-31)

Thanks

Use Ziphone and go to advanced features and normal mode...You may have to put it in DFU mode and restore with iTunes.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Zwayne For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Zwayne View Post
    Use Ziphone and go to advanced features and normal mode...You may have to put it in DFU mode and restore with iTunes.
    hi will need to restore

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bebeboricua For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Let us know the outcome M8!

Default My outcome
    You guys are quick with the responses and help , THANKS!!! Unfortunately I just tried to restore with itunes as suggested above.After completing this I got a popup message stating that there was an error and it was not restored. What now? Thanks in advance.

Thanks

What did the error say?

Which way did you try DFU or Recovery mode?
    Last edited by Zwayne; 2008-03-31 at 05:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Zwayne For This Useful Post:

Default Got it
    I tried it again,this time it went directly to reloading and was successful.I used Itunes recovery I think,I am not sure what DFU is.I then used Liberty which took only a few minutes and all is good.I must have done something wrong yesterday and/or today.I appreciate all the help.One last question.Will a Tmobile sim with data plan be able to use the internet without a wifi connection?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by daveslawnmaint View Post
    I tried it again,this time it went directly to reloading and was successful.I used Itunes recovery I think,I am not sure what DFU is.I then used Liberty which took only a few minutes and all is good.I must have done something wrong yesterday and/or today.I appreciate all the help.One last question.Will a Tmobile sim with data plan be able to use the internet without a wifi connection?
    Take a look here.
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/search....archid=2599031