Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Problem downgrading to 1.0.2

Default Problem downgrading to 1.0.2
    Hi, only my second day here, and i love it ;]

But anyways, I have a problem. I read through a bunch of threads but I haven't seen one with my problem

I am trying to downgrade to 1.0.2. I had a bunch of mods before, but my phone froze up, and the only way to fix it was by restoring.

Unfortunatley itunes kept giving me an error whenever I tried to restore using 1.0.2. (I downloaded the file from various sites to make sure it wasn't the file itself that was corrupted)

The error comes right after the "Extraction" is complete. It does not even go into the restore step. The error message says:

"The iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored due to an unknown reason(1)."

Any ideas?

run independence if your on a mac and activate it and then apptapp dont update just yet

its normal for it to do that after its finished restoring so dont let it scare you read the guides here theres a bunch of em

dont activate with itunes
    Last edited by thebambino; 2007-10-11 at 01:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

No no, i think you missed the point. The phone doesn't even go into restore mode. Right before itunes finishes "extracting files," it gets an error. The phone is never touched. -I've read plenty of guides regarding this, if there is one thing i noticed, some of them have the same word for word instructions

EDIT: I'm also on windows Vista.

hold the power and home buttons together when the phone goes off kepp holding the buttons letting go of the power button about 2 seconds after it turns off keep holding the home button though do this while connected with your usb itunes should recognize the phone it will look like the phones off do your restor from there make sure 102 remember

its alright its basicly the same for windows its just shift i think when you restore to 102 rather then option hold shift and click restore and choose 102
    Last edited by thebambino; 2007-10-11 at 02:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

No, I'm following all the steps correctly. But as soon as the "extracting software" step is finished, it gives the error. So basically, the software downgrade never even touches the iphone.

downgrading to 102 is diffeerent does your phone appear to be off when itunes notices it and what do you get when you try to restore the tringle or thi itunes logo with the usb cable

>_>

Ok once again...

I followed all the instructions, reset using the home + power buttons... hold down home button... iphone appears "off..." itunes recognizes iphone and says "iPhone in restore mode yada yada... shift+click restore... select 1.0.2...

At this point, itunes says "extracting software." As soon as that step is completed (which takes about 30 seconds to complete) it disconnects the iphone from itunes, and goes into the error message stated above.

The iphone then shows a USB cables and iTunes.

The same exact thing happens to me. Someone plz help us. That error occurs and so the restore icon does not turn into a yellow triangle like in 1.02 because it only extracts software then there is an error.

Default same thing happens to me
    i get he USB CABLE AND ITUNES symbol. and i get the same error in itunes. please help

I JUST FIGURED IT OUT!!! well kinda...just get the new ibirckr (veriosn 9) and if you have 1.11 firmware it will help you downgrade....it didnt work the first time but the second time i tried it and it did!!! YAY

i am using a MAC, any instructions for mac users!!

Quote Originally Posted by realisticmind1 View Post
    Hi, only my second day here, and i love it ;]

But anyways, I have a problem. I read through a bunch of threads but I haven't seen one with my problem

I am trying to downgrade to 1.0.2. I had a bunch of mods before, but my phone froze up, and the only way to fix it was by restoring.

Unfortunatley itunes kept giving me an error whenever I tried to restore using 1.0.2. (I downloaded the file from various sites to make sure it wasn't the file itself that was corrupted)

The error comes right after the "Extraction" is complete. It does not even go into the restore step. The error message says:

"The iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored due to an unknown reason(1)."

Any ideas?
    Are you unzipping the firmware after you download it? The first time I did it I had the same problem that you are having. Someone posted a wiki and it stated to unzip the file. This will throw an error. Point iTunes to the zip file and you should not get the error. If you did not unzip it let me know and I will try to figure something else out for you

its the same for mac you just got to keep trying nobody gets it in a couple of time i spent like 4 hours my first time

Quote Originally Posted by thebambino View Post
    its the same for mac you just got to keep trying nobody gets it in a couple of time i spent like 4 hours my first time
    I have a mac and the only reason it took me more than once was because I was unzipping the firmware. I also did my wifes and it worked on the first time as well

Got it to work. I needed to reinstall itunes for whatever reason. It extracted the 1.0.2 fine after that.