Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jail Break for 1.1.1 is out!!!

Jailbreak confirmed. This worked exactly as described. Total time first attempt 45min. Second attempt ~20min

NICE! I'm still a little wary... gonna wait a bit. Strange big news like this and no one is jumping on this!!!

Thanks

cause it requries downgrading..Don't even try if you don't meet all of the following requirements:
    Must have an Intel Mac. Sorry PPC/Windows users
    Comfortable with the Terminal
    You absolutely need an AT&T iPhone account

Do not follow this guide if:
    You have attempted to unlock your iPhone
    You do not have an AT&T iPhone account
    You're afraid you may brick your iPhone. It's safe, but we don't want to hear you complain.

Heed these warnings. If you disregard them, you may end up with a brick

All that having been said, lets begin:

.whats the point

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

it requires downgrading but then u upgrade it... anyways, its not in the proper forum (Unlocking/Downgrading)
    YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO USE THIS METHOD IF U UNLOCKED UR PHONE OR DONT HAVE AN AT&T ACCOUNT

Will this work with iPhone that are brick(no service) even though they have downgraded to 1.0.2 but have a ATT account
    (/)EMESIS

Thanks

move this thread before it blows up...;lol

its gonna be a cat and mouse game

Hello, i have a 1.0.2 phone downgraded from 1.1.1 and it was already unlocked..now I cant use it as a phone to make call If I try this method will this fix the problem???( it says my iphone is already patch, ipsf doesn't work neither any sim..) thank you

Hello,
    My iphone is a 1.0.2 downgraded from a 1.1.1 it was already unlocked by someone..I accidently upgraded to 1.1.1 but now im in 1.0.2 with no gsm I cant use the phone to make call
    Will this method fix my problem? I use a macbook and dont have any AT&T account
    Last edited by mikael1986; 2007-10-10 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikael1986 View Post
    Hello, i have a 1.0.2 phone downgraded from 1.1.1 and it was already unlocked..now I cant use it as a phone to make call If I try this method will this fix the problem???( it says my iphone is already patch, ipsf doesn't work neither any sim..) thank you

Hello,
    My iphone is a 1.0.2 downgraded from a 1.1.1 it was already unlocked by someone..I accidently upgraded to 1.1.1 but now im in 1.0.2 with no gsm I cant use the phone to make call
    Will this method fix my problem? I use a macbook and dont have any AT&T account
    Do not follow this guide if:
    You have attempted to unlock your iPhone
    You do not have an AT&T iPhone account
    You're afraid you may brick your iPhone. It's safe, but we don't want to hear you complain.

My guess would be no (link to guide):
    http://www.iphonealley.com/news/ipho...allation-guide

But I thought their new hack would be to make phone accidently uppgrade to 1.1.1 and then back to 1.0.2 work again ( gsm..) isn't it?

Does NO ONE READ???????

The guide specifically says: THIS IS NOT FOR PHONES THAT WERE UNLOCKED.

IT IS NOT FOR PHONES THAT ARE CURRENTLY BRICKS

IT IS NOT FOR PEOPLE WHO DO NOT HAVE AT&T ACTIVATED PHONES

Does it work? Absolutely. I used it on my 2 1.1.1 phones and they're working perfectly.

Should everyone with an Intel Mac try it? Absolutely not. It's not a novice's method of jailbreaking.

If you don't RTFM you may as well just give up now and wait for a point and click method and save us all a lot of time and agravation

But I thought their new hack would be to make phone accidently uppgrade to 1.1.1 and then back to 1.0.2 work again ( gsm..) isn't it?
    No it's not. That will come in time but for now, Jailbreak is a big first step.
    Last edited by Murfunit; 2007-10-10 at 04:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Je t'aime encore, Roguette

that was just a question...If I ask it's because it is not clear..I'm not a dumb idiot..got it? I thought they were working on something that would give my iphone a "phone" back..

that was just a question...If I ask it's because it is not clear..I'm not a dumb idiot..got it? I thought they were working on something that would give my iphone a "phone" back..
    One step at a time. Jail break is the first step. Access to the iphone is needed before any unlocking solution is to be accomplished atm.

oh and this method listed in this post is really just a proof in concept. You really cant do much after you've completed this method. you cant execute native apps with this method
    Last edited by h3lpmedic; 2007-10-10 at 04:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

thank you for your answer