Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Upgraded to 1.1.4 but Signal Strength Very low and call drops

Default Upgraded to 1.1.4 but Signal Strength Very low and call drops
    Hi,

I have upgraded my phone to 1.1.4 and unlocked using Ziphone. Intially it was 1.0.2 then gradually upgraded to next and next version.

Overall never had any problem with my phone but now its really causing me big problem. As some time signal very low and occasionally bar is totally flat with no signal. Call drops very frequently. As my main work is dealing overseas so its a big problem now. Tried restoring again and again. Last try i downgraded to 1.1.3 but baseband remains same as 1.1.4. Tried apple daily time pack to downgrade baseband. But just to hv all good, i restored phone again but baseband again same 04.04.05. It was not retained after restore.

Presently i am on 1.1.3 with baseband 04.04.05.

Any idea what cud b the problem and how to do. hv tried other methods like taking sim out and putting again, scotch tape, resetting network settings etc etc but nothing worked.

Appreciate your help

Thanks

Any help please????

Any help please????
    Last edited by mkq786; 2008-03-30 at 08:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone the sr5's Avatar
    Thanks

well as of right now i dont think there is any way to downgrade you BB but i could look into it tomorrow and see what options there are, i will test it with my test device and see how tricky it is but let me ask, is your signal strength bad is just some areas or all areas?

It Is What It Is...

Thanks for your reply.

I have iphone since last Aug and with those upgrades/downgrades, never had such problem. But Since 1.1.4 it drastically reduced the signal strength. All places including my home, office and in subway. (FYI i live in Hong Kong) Call will drop quite frequently and no signal at all. Bar some time at full and suddenly goes to nothing and will appear again.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks.

iPhone? More like MyPhone the sr5's Avatar
    Thanks

ill do some research in the morning, it early here imma jump in bed but i will see what i find and post it here..

It Is What It Is...

A restore to 1.1.4 actually increased the signal strength on the 4 phones I own. But of course we didn't use ziphone. iPlus and iliberty+
    -BigBoss
    Please do not send me messages here as I never check them. If you need to contact me, send me an email. My contact info is easy to find from inside Cydia.

Thanks Boss.

Actually i hv downloaded the iplus but have not tried it. Will chk if it will work on windows and give it a try today.

U mean, i shud restore to 1.1.4 and then use iplus/iliberty to unlock/jailbreak?

Any guide u recommend for using iplus/iliberty. I dont hv MAC and must do it on windows only.

Thanks & best regards

Hi,

I have now tried using iplus also and followed all the steps as mentioned in the guide from "Hack that phone". All went fine and every thing working normal.

But my problem of signal still not resolved.........

At home still same. Just went our near by and some time i was loosing all the bars......

Need help please.

If there is any way to downgrade the baseband and firmware.......... MY earlier attempt downgrading baseband using apple daily times pack, did downgraded but i was not able to get any signals so had to restore. After restoring to 1.1.3, baseband was still 04.04.05_G.

Thanks.
    Last edited by mkq786; 2008-03-30 at 02:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hi,

Any help.

I did restored using iplus and used today but not much improvement.

Pls advise if any way to improve this.

Thanks.

this might help you alot

http://www.iphoneatlas.com/2008/02/1...h-scotch-tape/

this is scientificaly approved

Thanks.

Hv already tried but did not worked. Just to try i then restored and use iplus/iliberty but no help. Now i hv downgraded to 1.1.1 including baseband but sees not much improvement. I dont know if i some thing else wrong.

Now going back to 1.1.4 and will see how it works.

Thanks again.

Best regards.