Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Not sure what to do...

Default Not sure what to do...
    Hey,

I recieved my iPhone and it had firmware 1.1.1 on it. Im not sure whether I should downgrade it for now, whilst the solution to unlock 1.1.1 is solved or whether to continue to use it as a paper weight?

Will downgrading it damage the phone in any way or jeopardize it of being unlock with 1.1.1 in the future, once a solution has been released?

If it was downgraded to 1.0.2, and if I were to restore it back to 1.1.1, would it reset the activation? and therefore would have to be activated again ( like how I got it in the first place, out of the box).

Thanks, Chris

Hi Chris,

I have just got my iphone (6th Oct) with 1.1.1 on and you can't downgrade it. I have tried all the theads and nothing seems to work. Everyone mentions this yellow triangle but that know longer exists.

So I too am using mine as a paper weight.

Cheers

Lee

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by basher36 View Post
    Hi Chris,

I have just got my iphone (6th Oct) with 1.1.1 on and you can't downgrade it. I have tried all the theads and nothing seems to work. Everyone mentions this yellow triangle but that know longer exists.

So I too am using mine as a paper weight.

Cheers

Lee
    With 1.1.1 instead of the Yellow Triangle, it shows the Itunes icon with the Connector cable waiting to plug into it.

Chris, at this point in time, its going to be hit and miss as to whether or not you'll ever find a 1.0.2 firmware iPhone. Might as well just wait it out until the 1.1.1 has been cracked.