Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: please help to clarify a few things for me!

Default please help to clarify a few things for me!
    i have just sent in my iphone for repair. It is a new out of the box 1.0.2 but has the negative black issue so I want that fixed. I know that when it comes back to me it will be updated to 1.1.1 . I do not plan to unlock this phone, only use 3rd party apps. Is the whole baseband thing important if I decide to downgrade? or is it even worth it to downgrade at the moment(any damage from the restore to 1.0.2)?

Also if anyone can clarify what it means to RESET the iphone, I would like to know how to do that. My asking comes from this quote from the instructions to downgrade:
    "AT&T Users: Reset your iPhone before you start using your phone again. Failure to do so may result in you being charged for your "free services.""

As I will be using AT&T this is important to me.

Thank You

Thanks

You cannot downgrade the baseband of a v1.1.1 phone - yet! It is not adviced to downgrade as it's a waist of time. Pray that you do not have a v1.1.1 upgrade done to your phone, as 3rd PArty apps from the Open Source community DO NOT work, except Mobile Terminal.

Dev Team is very close on cracking the v1.1.1 as they have successfully jailbroken it already.

RESETTING the phone means to goto Settings > General > Reset and reset all first.

okay, but what is the importance behind the baseband. I thought that only effected unlocked phones. i guess Im failing to see the negative effects of downgrading to 1.0.2... but i would love to know why its a bad idea to downgrade. I heard that you cant update firmware once you have reverted to 1.0.2, but thats only what i heard.. so if someone can clarify id love it!

Thanks

Though you can successfully downgrade the firmware from v1.1.1 to v1.0.2 but that doesn't downgrade the baseband version which still remains that off v1.1.1, hence you will keep receiving a message saying "Invalid SIM" no matter whichever you put it.