Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Downgrading from 1.1.1 to 1.0.2 question?

previously known as amalone87
    Thanks

Default Downgrading from 1.1.1 to 1.0.2 question?
    I have downgraded my firmware before when 1.1.1 first came out, but after I did that my iphone started freezing a lot, my question is:

Is it recommended to downgrade from 1.1.1 to 1.0.2 and be using the modem version from 1.1.1 (I think it is 4. something)?

I was thinking that it might be why my iphone was freezing after downgrading before. I am now running 1.1.1, but I am wanting to install themes and apps on my iphone and I am not wanting to wait for a jailbreak for 1.1.1. Also I read somewhere that if you downgrade to much that it could mess up the iphone. Is this true?

Thanks

At the moment it's not possible to jailbreak phones with 1.1.1 firmware, and thus not possible to unlock them. If you have 1.1.1 fimrware and want to activate and jailbreak it in order to install third party applications, here is how:

1. Download the iPhone1,1_1.0.2_1C28_Restore.ipsw from Apple.
    2. Connect phone to dock, and hold down home button and power button for about 10 seconds until phone turns off.
    3. When it turns off, release the power button, but continue holding the home button. After about 10 seconds the computer will detect the iphone in restore mode, and itunes should tell that the phone needs to be restored.
    4. Hold down SHIFT-key (Windows) or OPTION/ALT-key (Mac) when clicking the Restore button, and select the file you downloaded previously.
    5. Let the restore complete and ignore the error at the end. Now your phone should show a rectangle, but don't worry about it.
    6. Run AppTap (or iNdependence) to jailbreak your phone - it will fix it even though you get errors.

The OS firmware is now 1.0.2. But in order to unlock it, you need to downgrade the baseband firmware also, which does not seem to be possible at the moment. A few people claim it worked for them though, so if you want to try on your own risk, click here to show the instructions:

Baseband downgrade instructions (apparently not working)

* Use Installer application to install Terminal and BSD Subsystem (or BinKit) on your phone
    * Download the 03.14.08 baseband firmware (files renamed to 314)
    * Upload the three files to /usr/bin/ (using iBrickr for instance).
    * From the Terminal application on your phone run the following commands:
    Code:
    cd /usr/bin
    chmod +x bbupdater
    launchctl unload /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist
    bbupdater -f 314.fls -e 314.eep
    launchctl load /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist
    * If you get error, try restarting your phone, and then try again.
    * When done, restarting your phone, and go to Settings → General → Modem Firmware to confirm it's 03.14.08_G
    * If it was 03.14.08_G, You can proceed to unlock your phone
    Last edited by ReVan; 2007-10-08 at 06:54 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ReVan For This Useful Post:

unknownentry (2007-10-08)

previously known as amalone87
    Thanks

I am only looking to install 3rd party stuff. I am sticking with AT&T with my service. So I won't be unlocking it. I had read somewhere about the baseband downgrade and was confused. I will give it a shot tonight at downgrading again, but if it starts freezing, I'm going back to 1.1.1! Thanks for the help and I will keep you posted.

Thanks

Await you hear your results.
    All the best! :-)