Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I must be an idiot. I don't know what to do once the phone is jailbroken.

Default I must be an idiot. I don't know what to do once the phone is jailbroken.
    I have the phone jailbroken so I can add my own ringtones and maybe at a later time, applications. But I have no idea how to add them. I read some places that said "drag such and such into /folder/folder/folder or whatever", but I don't know where said folders are located or how to access them.

My iPhone does not recognize as a device in Explorer, so is there some third party app I need?

I used Ziphone 2.6b (the latest off the site) to break the phone, and it seemed to work fine as it installed the Ziphone blog app and stuff to my phone.

But I have no idea how to take an mp3 and put it into the ringtone section.

iPhone? More like MyPhone D3VIL™'s Avatar
    Thanks

ziphone should have installed an app called "installer" on your springboard. use that app to download other 3rd party apps.
    Last edited by D3VIL™; 2008-03-26 at 02:13 AM. Reason: I'm a retard & can't spell

If you found anything I said/did useful, please click on the Button

iPhone? More like MyPhone compton,Tx's Avatar
    Thanks

Re-jail it, then spend the next few days reading all the wonderful posts about what to do next. I would suggest "guides" at the top of this page as a starting point. I just wouldn't want you to mess up your new toy! Now hurry off, there will be a test later.

Thanks

Here you go, this is what you need to do

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22015

iPhone? More like MyPhone D3VIL™'s Avatar
    Thanks

you are aware that you can add custom ringtones on a "stock" iphone at no charge, right?

If you found anything I said/did useful, please click on the Button

I tried and then read an article saying that with 1.1.4 all the programs used to put it on the iPhone stopped working with that release.