Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Stuck in recovery mode and can't enter DFU mode

Default Stuck in recovery mode and can't enter DFU mode
    I have an iphone 3g that gives the 1015 error in itunes when trying to restore. It is stuck in recovery mode and cannot make it get into DFU mode. The phone gets into recovery mode when I plug it to the pc. While it's plugged to the pc it can't be turned off no matter how much time I press the power button. The only way to turn it off is to unplug it from the pc and then hold the power button for like 10 seconds.

Can someone help me put it in DFU mode so that I am able to try to resotre it in itunes?? Please help.

Here is a great video how for that:

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bbrks For This Useful Post:

aerismel (2015-03-20), vXBaKeRXv (2015-03-19)

The problem is that I still can't get into DFU mode. I can't turn off the phone so I can't get into DFU mode. I just need help in this single step. Could you please help me???

thanks!

UPDATE: I'm very sorry. I just realized that the problem was the power button that didn't work and that's why I couldn't enter DFU mode. I had to test the logic board on a different iphone 3g to see if I could get it to work and it did. I just have one more question though... I still see the Cydia icon in the iphone. How can I install the stock apple 4.2.1 firmware instead of the custom firmware that is has installed right now?? I would like to have this iphone with the stock apple firmware without risking another error while restoring. Do you know how I could do this??

Thanks!!
    Last edited by aerismel; 2015-03-20 at 06:07 AM.

Restore to 4.2.1 and don't use any backup.srvice. 4.2.1 is the highest IOPS signed by Apple for 3G, so no problem there.
    Last edited by bbrks; 2015-03-20 at 09:15 AM.