Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ilex help

Default Ilex help
    I ran ilex and after reboot i cant open any apps without it force closing. any help please

pffffff, bad luck Many users complain about more or less the same problems with IleX, even if they turned off passcode before starting it. Unfortunately, I don't think, that you will be able to solve the problem without restore.
    Hopefully, someone else will come up with better idea, but quite frankly, I doubt it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bbrks For This Useful Post:

vXBaKeRXv (2015-03-01)

Livin the iPhone Life Mary48336's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,081 Times in 1,148 Posts

My iPad air2 was respringing every 30-40 min so I ran iLex. When it came back I can not turn Wi-Fi on so I can't access Cydia, IFile..... I have NOT connected to my Mac as of yet. Have I screwed up and lost my JB?

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Unfortunately you may have too, iLex does not seem to play well with iOS 8.x.x. Most are forced to restore to correct issues it causes.

No, don't restore yet! I've not been in this situation but I've read it is possible to fix this by rerunning the Taig jailbreak tool if that's what you used to jailbreak

I believe there was some other fix posted on r/jailbreak recently. I only vaguely remember but wanna say it may have involved running semi-restore
    Last edited by bbrks; 2015-05-11 at 07:52 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jon G For This Useful Post:

Mary48336 (2015-05-11)

Yeah, it was mentioned in some other thread. It's a slim chance, but since you don't have anything to lose, you can try rejailbreaking it.
    Semirestore is actually the same thing as iLex, just proved much safer on IOS 8, but if it will work after you have already "fixed" your iPad with iLex

9. The Following User Says Thank You to bbrks For This Useful Post:

Mary48336 (2015-05-11)

From what I've read rerunning Taig almost definitely works provided you're using the Taig jailbreak already. Again not based on experience but I read a lot & don't post much unless I'm pretty sure my info is good

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jon G For This Useful Post:

Mary48336 (2015-05-11)

Livin the iPhone Life Mary48336's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,081 Times in 1,148 Posts

Issue --- I can't turn the Wi-Fi on on my Ipad which I have to do in order to turn off the "find my Ipad" feature. Any Idea's?

If you have to do a restore, no need for that. After restore, it will ask you to enter your ID and Password and you are all done. Sorry for the lost jailbreak though.