Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbroken iphone 8.1.2 - how to check if the iphone unlocked w/o restore

I am really enjoying your discussion , but I was wondering, what unlocking service did the thread starter use and what kind of funny procedure is that what he described, to finish unlocking? Never heard that before.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vietkool's Avatar
    Thanks

I bought the service from them before on my 4S and it work just fine but back then I have to do some kind of reset then plug into itunes to get the msg unlocked in order to use others carriers sim card. With i6, they told me my imei is unlock all I have to do is plug into itunes with different sim card and let itune detected then unplug for 10 second then plug it back in and the itunes should pop up the msg unlocked. I follow just like that but nothing happens.
    by checking those free site, it reading on/off ... my 2 iphone 4S all unlocked and I used international sim card last year when I was one vacation but the site read one is AT&T and the other is check carrier .
    by the way here is the site I got unlock service from cellunlockerpro.com
    Last edited by vietkool; 2015-02-06 at 01:54 AM.

So, did you contact them, to find out what went wrong?

Thanks

I did and they told they will resubmit the imei request for unlocking again. Hopefully this time is ok. Still waiting...
    Last edited by vietkool; 2015-02-06 at 07:05 PM.

Thanks

update:
    I bought another unlock service for my sister (her i6 is not jailbreak). Came thru good but I have to do the reset "Erase all contents and settings" then plug into itunes and the congratulation msg pop up telling the phone is unlocked.
    My i6+ currently jailbreak and I really don't want to loose this. can I do the Erase all content and setting or if I select this reset option all my jailbreak is gone?

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

If you do a reset all settings with a jailbroken device it will most likely cause you to restore. I would avoid doing it.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vietkool View Post
    update:
    I bought another unlock service for my sister (her i6 is not jailbreak). Came thru good but I have to do the reset "Erase all contents and settings" then plug into itunes and the congratulation msg pop up telling the phone is unlocked.
    My i6+ currently jailbreak and I really don't want to loose this. can I do the Erase all content and setting or if I select this reset option all my jailbreak is gone?
    You dont have to do any of that. As I said in my previous post all you have to do to activate the unlock is put a sim from a different carrier in the phone. If the phone is locked it will kick back to the activation screen, at which point you connect to wifi, choose next and your iphone should go back to the home screen. Done, phone unlocked.
    No reset, erase, restore or anything like that required.

Thanks

I tried that and it not kick back to activation screen. It shows no service and I check under General-Network, it shows "SIM Not Provisioned" (with none working tmobile SIM card) meaning the phone is unlocked right?
    I dont have any tmobile working SIM to try out

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Then it is already unlocked. If it was still locked it would kick back to the activation screen.

Thanks

thanks guy !!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12