Results 1 to 7 of 7

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: iphone 3g question.

  1. #1
    Default iphone 3g question.
    hi
    my phones BT function is not available when i go into settings. i have 4.2.1 on BB 5.14 j/b and unlocked to tmobile.
    if i restore to 4.2.1 custom ipsw will that restore BT?

    thanks in advance

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by hansgmuny View Post
    hi
    my phones BT function is not available when i go into settings. i have 4.2.1 on BB 5.14 j/b and unlocked to tmobile.
    if i restore to 4.2.1 custom ipsw will that restore BT?

    thanks in advance
    Have you tried to reset the Network Settings via Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings?

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by EVO View Post
    Have you tried to reset the Network Settings via Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings?
    hi and thanks for replying.
    i reset my network settings but it had no effect. i went to settings > general > about, my bluetooth mac. add. is listed. if i am not mistaking i should see the option to enable/disable BT under settings > general, right?
    the only thing i can think to do is restore. if that is the case i should be flashing custom ipsw 4.2.1, as i cannot go higher on 3G? should i restore to stock ipsw then rejailbreak?
    i read somewhere about a semi restore that will allow you to keep jailbreak. is that a possibility?
    1 correction... my BB is 5.15.

    thanks

  4. #4
    Retired Moderator Orby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Omicron Persei Eight
    Posts
    5,851
    Thanks
    42
    Thanked 699 Times in 594 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by hansgmuny View Post
    hi and thanks for replying.
    i reset my network settings but it had no effect. i went to settings > general > about, my bluetooth mac. add. is listed. if i am not mistaking i should see the option to enable/disable BT under settings > general, right?
    the only thing i can think to do is restore. if that is the case i should be flashing custom ipsw 4.2.1, as i cannot go higher on 3G? should i restore to stock ipsw then rejailbreak?
    i read somewhere about a semi restore that will allow you to keep jailbreak. is that a possibility?
    1 correction... my BB is 5.15.

    thanks
    Just to be clear, you are seeing your Bluetooth MAC address (and it's the correct address) on the About screen, right?

    What about your Wi-Fi, is it working properly? Same for cellular service and IMEI?

    If all of those questions are answered with "yes," a DFU restore to a stock IPSW and then setting it up as a new phone would be the first thing I would try. Fortunately, it's very easy to jailbreak the iPhone 3G on 4.2.1, so that won't be a problem when we get there.

  5. #5
    "Yes" to all of those questions. except that im only assuming that the BT mac add. displayed is my correct one. ive never used BT on this device i just took it for granite that it was there. never had any issues with wifi, my cell service, or imei.
    come to think of it, i cant remember any problems ive encountered since i got it 2 years ago give or take.
    i read on the dev blog website that i should not flash back to stock ipsw, only custom. nevertheless i liked your suggestion. im gonna backup my device info, do a little bit of reading online to see if i can find about the restoration.

    hey, thanks again for taking the time and helping me out!

  6. #6
    granted* granted* granted**

  7. #7
    Retired Moderator Orby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Omicron Persei Eight
    Posts
    5,851
    Thanks
    42
    Thanked 699 Times in 594 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by hansgmuny View Post
    "Yes" to all of those questions. except that im only assuming that the BT mac add. displayed is my correct one. ive never used BT on this device i just took it for granite that it was there. never had any issues with wifi, my cell service, or imei.
    come to think of it, i cant remember any problems ive encountered since i got it 2 years ago give or take.
    i read on the dev blog website that i should not flash back to stock ipsw, only custom. nevertheless i liked your suggestion. im gonna backup my device info, do a little bit of reading online to see if i can find about the restoration.

    hey, thanks again for taking the time and helping me out!
    Since it's on a stock baseband currently, I don't think there'd be an issue with a stock IPSW... then again, it's been so long since I've had a 3G device to work with, you're almost assuredly right and I've forgotten.

    It's not a bad idea to throw a sn0wbreeze (available free for Windows here) custom IPSW instead. If you have OS X only, you can also use redsn0w's Custom IPSW option.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •