Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Problem with iPhone 6+ iOS 8.1 constantly respringing

Default Problem with iPhone 6+ iOS 8.1 constantly respringing
    Hey all -

I've started having a problem with my iPhone 6+, iOS 8.1, jailbroken with Pangu.

I haven't installed any updates to any of the tweaks I have installed, but for some reason, when my phone goes to sleep mode, a couple of things happen.

Sometimes, when I unlock the phone with Touch ID sensor, it resprings.

Other things, when I close out of an application by pressing the home button, it resprings.

Then other times, it works fine.

I'm assuming some tweak is causing the respring, but it never enters safe mode. Any way to determine what is causing the constant respringing, other than reinstalling everything one by one?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by devlon View Post
    Hey all -

I've started having a problem with my iPhone 6+, iOS 8.1, jailbroken with Pangu.

I haven't installed any updates to any of the tweaks I have installed, but for some reason, when my phone goes to sleep mode, a couple of things happen.

Sometimes, when I unlock the phone with Touch ID sensor, it resprings.

Other things, when I close out of an application by pressing the home button, it resprings.

Then other times, it works fine.

I'm assuming some tweak is causing the respring, but it never enters safe mode. Any way to determine what is causing the constant respringing, other than reinstalling everything one by one?
    Unfortunately, that's the best way by far to determine where the bug lies. Start uninstalling Cydia packages in reverse chronological order (i.e., last in, first out) and see when the instability stops. Usually that respring comes from either a kernel memory fault or SpringBoard.app/backboardd crashing.

Cool -- thanks -- I'll start working back from the packages!

Tried uninstalling all tweaks, but still having problem -- what's the easiest way to start fresh? restore in itunes, then redo pangu?

Thanks
    Thanked 16,464 Times in 7,696 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by devlon View Post
    Tried uninstalling all tweaks, but still having problem -- what's the easiest way to start fresh? restore in itunes, then redo pangu?
    Yes.. But the 6+ is known to be respringey after jailbreak. You're not alone.. No real fix. WebKit memory issues are in the equation. Even stock 6+'s are occasionally respringing randomly. RAM issues. Most expensive iPhone made but buggy as hell. So glad I have a 6.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    You're not alone... No real fix. WebKit memory issues are in the equation. Even stock 6+'s are occasionally respringing randomly.
    This is the sad truth.

A restore to 8.1.2 and using TaiG (I've had better luck with my Six Plus on 8.1.2) on a set-up-as-new iPhone should help though.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,464 Times in 7,696 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    This is the sad truth.

A restore to 8.1.2 and using TaiG (I've had better luck with my Six Plus on 8.1.2) on a set-up-as-new iPhone should help though.
    Turns out not to be a memory problem after all. It's a CPU overloading issue in UIWebKit.. Early testing by GroovyCarrot in GroovyLock's newest beta is finding WKWebKit to be super stable. Animations running on LS with no respringing on 6+. We're still in test mode.

More shoddy Apple work our devs have to write workarounds for. Hopefully Apple fixes the CPU overload bug in UIWebKit eventually.