Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Tiny Umbrella. Sorry in advance

Default Tiny Umbrella. Sorry in advance
    So I've been trying to dl tinyumbrella onto my laptop. Which is currently running windows 8. But it wont let me do that. I tried getting windows to run it as though it were windows 7/Vista/ or the other one I can't remember. Also I know that I've had tinyumbrella on a different laptop using windows 8, so I just don't know what the deal is. Please don't tell me to switch to windows 7. Yes I know it's better. I've also seen some of my program friends in serious pain trying to do such things. Help me modmyiwonshinobi. You're my only hope.
    Moving Shadow

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Tiny Umbrella. Sorry in advance
    Is it a download error or an issue with the way it's running? What exactly is the problem? It's been years since I've even used tinyumbrella, but have you perhaps tried running it as an Administrator. It surprises me sometimes what programs need admin rights to work correctly.

Edit: +1 for Star Wars reference.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

When I run the application, keep in mind I've been out of the software game for quite some time, I get a black box that appears in the middle of the screen and it says some words that I can't read so fast. Then I just get the black box that stays there. Am I running it as an admin? Maybe? I seriously doubt it. Also this is the first laptop I've ever owned longer than two months. I wasn't kidding when I say I despise hooking my iPhone up to a computer. In closing one of my software buddies helped me to try and get the program running on windows 8 via windows 7/vista and the other one

EDIT: +1 for appreciating my star wars refrence
    Moving Shadow

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Swift View Post
    When I run the application, keep in mind I've been out of the software game for quite some time, I get a black box that appears in the middle of the screen and it says some words that I can't read so fast. Then I just get the black box that stays there. Am I running it as an admin? Maybe? I seriously doubt it. Also this is the first laptop I've ever owned longer than two months. I wasn't kidding when I say I despise hooking my iPhone up to a computer. In closing one of my software buddies helped me to try and get the program running on windows 8 via windows 7/vista and the other one

EDIT: +1 for appreciating my star wars refrence
    Hmm... Sounds to me like it isn't being run as an admin. I'm not sure though. I have access to some win 8 machines and I'll give it a look for you later today.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SpiderManAPV For This Useful Post:

Brad Swift (2014-11-07)

I appreciate in advance!
    Moving Shadow