Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbroken/Unlocked iPhone 3G Stuck in SnowBreeze Recovery --- NEED HELP!

Default Jailbroken/Unlocked iPhone 3G Stuck in SnowBreeze Recovery --- NEED HELP!
    I have an iPhone 3G that was Jailbroken and unlocked with SnowBreeze. It has been working perfectly for years, then all of a sudden I turned my phone on one day and it was in a SnowBreeze recovery screen like the image providedIMG_0199.JPG. The firmware is 4.1 and baseband is still the original. I tried rejailbreaking with snowbreeze. I also tried using a custom IPSW and using the shift/recovery method in iTunes. Nothing is working. I have read multiple posts here, but I can't find the help I need. Any thoughts on how to get my phone back on track.

I am using windows and it is unlocked for T-Mobile.

Thanks in advance,
    jrhino

I read quite a bit last night and finally got it working. I am posting what I did in case anyone else has the same issue. I first used SnowBreeze 2.9.3 to build a custom IPSW for iPhone 3G 4.2.1. Stupid me, I chose to do a IPSW that wasn't activated. So I went through the whole process, which did take the phone out of the recovery state it was in, but the end result was an iPhone that was stuck on the emergency call screen and iTunes saying my SIM couldn't be activated. So I then used redsn0w to jailbreak the phone, then used cydia (ultrasn0w) to unlock.