Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Somebody can share me an screenshot running mobile terminal?

Default Somebody can share me an screenshot running mobile terminal?
    I keep having memory leak.. And I'm not able to find out the culprit, at this point I even don't know if is a tweak issue or is my device.. (iPhone 5) I've noticed something, passed a considerable time the process backboardd gets the second place (first is springboard) so over there should be the memory leak, so I have a request, somebody of you that has a considerable time without a respring (minimum a day, because as you know respring kills all process) would you mind to share me a picture of your mobile terminal running the following command:
    top -o rsize

That way I'll know if as me backboardd is even heavier than other apps such Whatsapp, mailbox or feedly etc.

Tl;dr: Guys which hadn't done a respring in a day share me a screenshot running top -o rsize to know if backboard is in a high place to find out the culprit of my memory ram leak.

Thanks so much in advance.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kratoz29 View Post
    I keep having memory leak.. And I'm not able to find out the culprit, at this point I even don't know if is a tweak issue or is my device.. (iPhone 5) I've noticed something, passed a considerable time the process backboardd gets the second place (first is springboard) so over there should be the memory leak, so I have a request, somebody of you that has a considerable time without a respring (minimum a day, because as you know respring kills all process) would you mind to share me a picture of your mobile terminal running the following command:
    top -o rsize

That way I'll know if as me backboardd is even heavier than other apps such Whatsapp, mailbox or feedly etc.

Tl;dr: Guys which hadn't done a respring in a day share me a screenshot running top -o rsize to know if backboard is in a high place to find out the culprit of my memory ram leak.

Thanks so much in advance.
    Here. Please note the "ps as -o rss" command is returning a sum of the resident set size of all processes on this phone.

Last edited by Orby; 2014-08-17 at 12:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Here. Please note the "ps as -o rss" command is returning a sum of the resident set size of all processes on this phone.

What exactly is that?

Thanks

In order:

Exact date at the time of running the command.
    What version of kernel I'm running (iPhone 5, iOS 7.1.x)
    Phone's uptime (a shade over eight days)
    Total size, in KiB, of my Resident Set Size. This is a (cached-page respecting, but swap, virtual, and suspended ignored) measure of how much RAM is being used on my phone. It's basically the sum of the "RSIZE" column on top for all processes, not just the top ones.

Default Somebody can share me an screenshot running mobile terminal?
    In order:

Exact date at the time of running the command.
    What version of kernel I'm running (iPhone 5, iOS 7.1.x)
    Phone's uptime (a shade over eight days)
    Total size, in KiB, of my Resident Set Size. This is a (cached-page respecting, but swap, virtual, and suspended ignored) measure of how much RAM is being used on my phone. It's basically the sum of the "RSIZE" column on top for all processes, not just the top ones.
    Forgive my ignorance but I don't know if that worth it for me, I just wanted to see the location of backboardd process according to the command: top -o rsize to see if that process is too high.
    Last edited by kratoz29; 2014-08-17 at 03:58 AM.

Thanks

Ah.

My backboardd currently sits at 17MiB, behind SpringBoard at 47MiB. I have several App Store apps including Reeder and Tweetbot 3 that take up notably more RAM.

I think you've got a memory leak in a tweak somewhere... I tend to believe Apple's stock SpringBoard/backboardd are pretty memory-efficient. Start uninstalling things in reverse chronological order, and see if/when your leak subsides.

Ah.

My backboardd currently sits at 17MiB, behind SpringBoard at 47MiB. I have several App Store apps including Reeder and Tweetbot 3 that take up notably more RAM.

I think you've got a memory leak in a tweak somewhere... I tend to believe Apple's stock SpringBoard/backboardd are pretty memory-efficient. Start uninstalling things in reverse chronological order, and see if/when your leak subsides.
    Yes indeed that's what I'm doing right now, I've almost deactivated all my tweaks and just left activator, winterboard and springtomize so some dependence as applist, libhide, etc. the problem is gone, I've tested it almost since I posted this thread and I can have at least 12 apps opened (maximum like 25). So from now I'll activate 6 tweaks consecutively to find out the culprit, I just hope that just one makes this odd issues and not a combination, so this is gonna take its time (days).