Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.2 To 1.1.3 or 1.1.4.. Is it really worth it?

Default 1.1.2 To 1.1.3 or 1.1.4.. Is it really worth it?
    In a bit of a dilemma really.. Im currently running 1.1.2 on a o2 UK iphone and im not too sure if i should upgrade to either 1.1.3 or 1.1.4. Is it really worth it? i mean what am i going to get that i cannot already get on 1.1.2 and also if i do decide to upgrade what is the upgrade path like?

Bit of history on the phone was an OTB 1.1.2 downgraded to 1.1.1 jailbroke and upgraded to 1.1.2 and jailbroke.

Quote Originally Posted by jcisthebest2000 View Post
    In a bit of a dilemma really.. Im currently running 1.1.2 on a o2 UK iphone and im not too sure if i should upgrade to either 1.1.3 or 1.1.4. Is it really worth it? i mean what am i going to get that i cannot already get on 1.1.2 and also if i do decide to upgrade what is the upgrade path like?

Bit of history on the phone was an OTB 1.1.2 downgraded to 1.1.1 jailbroke and upgraded to 1.1.2 and jailbroke.
    Exactly the same as me mate and I too am keen to get opinions on this as 1.1.2 is working fine for me so if it's not broken why change it?

Just my two cents, I was in 1.1.1 and never had a problem; I wanted to see if there was a difference by jumping to 1.1.4
    After my experience with a lot of my old favorite applications being broken at the moment, I can say by experience that you only need to upgrade if you really need too, in my case I went back to 1.1.2 and since most of the applications work in 1.1.3 probably I will upgrade to 1.1.3 but not to 1.1.4 until applications are no longer supported or something big comes in, in the mean time the features in 1.1.4 are in my opinion not worth it at the moment...

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

yes 1.1.4 is worth it. you can do everything you can as on 1.1.2 and its much better. i would upgrade.

Thanks

I had 1.1.2 until about a week ago and it got to the point where I had to upgrade to 1.1.4 because my apps were no longer compatable with 1.1.2 after I updated them with installer.. I think being on 1.1.4 is a little more stable and you get the cool wiggles and locate me :-p..I just think its better cos I'm that much closer when 2.0 comes out :-)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

its definately worth it now, before with the 1.1.3 soft upgrade and ziphone being so unreliable I would say stick with the 1.1.2 but now unlocking and jailbreaking has never been so easy. I feel my 1.1.4 seem to run a lot more smoothly than my 1.1.2 back in the days. Defo upgrade... what have you got to lose... you can always install your apps again.

Thanks for all the responses people.. I think when i get a spare bit of time i may just try and go for it.. its it worth me restoring my phone to factory and then upgrade or just upgrade from now?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Save your contacts and calenders etc... Then restore your iPhone, jailbreak and unlock and then sync back in your stuff.

I think it's all your personal preference. I was stuck on 1.0.2 for a really long time. All the way up until early releases of 1.1.3. I just had everything I wanted so why fix?

I then went up to a 16 gig, came with 1.1.3, but downgraded to 1.1.2 in order to have customize working easily without having to modify too much. I'm gonna stick with it until probably 1.2 comes. Right now I have everything I need.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I stayed on 1.0.2 for a long time because I saw no reason to upgrade, and I unlock phones for a lot of people here in ATL. It ended up coming to the point where everyone was asking for 1.1.3 and so I made the jump.

Its kind of like this

Do you text a lot? I checked my text usage online yesterday and I have sent and received about 3500 messages this month. Every couple of days I would have to clear whole conversations in 1.0.2 so I can have room. In 1.1.4, i think you can have a total of 70,000 messages. So that is a plus for me.

Locate me feature, I use every once in a while, its nice to have, but if you dont see yourself using it, dont worry about it.

If you are using apps and arent having compatibility issues, then by all means, stay with your firmware. I dont have benchmark software on my iphone LOL, so I dont know exactly how much faster its running, but the only issues ive had is just when I used ZiPhone and was getting called failed every time I got a missed call

Hope this helps

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

ive been on 1.1.2 since i got my phone. and wont upgrade til 1.2 comes out. everything i do/want works fine. i don't feel like messing around, losing stuff on my phone. or whatever.

if it aint broke, don't fix it. especially if nothing substantial is different enough to really notice besides the wiggles... locateme doesn't concern me. navizon works fine
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

I've had 1.1.2 on my phone OTB and I think I'll stick with it for a while because I'm having no problems and I'm fine until something really convinces me to upgrade possibly not until 1.2, but I'm content now.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Save your contacts and calenders etc... Then restore your iPhone, jailbreak and unlock and then sync back in your stuff.
    I'm also on 1.1.2 and want to upgrade to 1.1.4

If I restore/jailbreak/sync (don't need to unlock, using ATT), I assume all my installed apps will be gone.

Is there any way to save the "set" of apps I have installed via installer and reload them easily?

interesting...I'm in the same boat with JB 1.1.2.....I'm going to manually backup my contacts, sms and safari bookmarks....already copied those over to my desktop.

I was going to do this since my Youtube is broke like a lot of other people - and thoughts on this?
    http://www.iphonehacks.com/2008/03/youtube-fix.html

Already JB via Ziphone and it was easy...just wanna make sure I do this one right as well.

I wish there was a fix for the Youtube problem with 1.1.2...haven't heard anything that worked....I would just stay on 1.1.2
    Last edited by Dakotafan; 2008-03-30 at 01:05 AM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

unfortunately I don't think there is a way of saving your apps but then again it isn't too hard to install them again either unless u have got lots. I guess upgrading is a good way of removing all those apps where u don't use that much in the first place. LOL.