Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 5C Pangu JB help and info

Default iPhone 5C Pangu JB help and info
    So I got all excited to see there JB since I am still on 7.0.4 with the ssl patch. The phone is locked is TMO and I do not need an unlock.

I found the website Pangu Jailbreak Tool(Pangu.io) and I have a few questions.

1.) Should I update my device via iTunes. to 7.1.1? I have NEVER updated via iTunes on any of my older devices because I always needed a JB and unlock. Now I just need JB so I am just checking.

2.) Once I start the JB is it hard or is it live Evasi0n? I can't find any instructions. Also, I see there is English support but I did see something about being careful not to install something so what should I be looking for?

3.)Of course I will back up my device but since I am updating the IOS I cannot restore my backup, right? or can I? I usually start from scratch, Is that advised?

4.) It does work for the 5C? And any links for any known issues. I use window 7.

Thanks for the assistance.
    Last edited by Miz.Michele; 2014-07-01 at 09:29 AM.

http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-news...x-windows.html

1.Not update, but restore and only to 7.1.2

The rest of your questions are answered in the tutorial

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bbrks For This Useful Post:

Miz.Michele (2014-07-02)

Thanks for the tutorial. I am dense with the restore/update. When I connect to iTunes do I update it from there or do I download 7.1.2 and do shift + restore.

Then I can follow those directions.

I didn't see anything about restoring from backups - so I guess I start from scratch which is OK.

Default Can't restore to 7.1.2
    I want to update to 7.1.2 and JB with Pangu so I downloaded the 7.1.2 IPSW. I put the phone, an iPhone 5C, in DFU mode and I got an error 3194.

I downloaded the correct IPSW - because my phone is currently jailbroken do I need to go into pawned DFU?

I tried adding the 74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com to my hosts file and then I got an error 3004.

Also, I am trying to go from 7.0.4 to 7.1.2

Could that be the issue?
    Last edited by Miz.Michele; 2014-07-02 at 06:15 AM.

no, no, delete all Apple lines from host file, save, restart your PC and than SHIFT + RESTORE.
    There is no pawned DFU for 5c. By following usual procedure for DFU, you will get recovery mode only, but that is OK, so you can continue with restore.
    Last edited by bbrks; 2014-07-02 at 08:38 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bbrks For This Useful Post:

Miz.Michele (2014-07-02)

Thanks. I still kept getting a bunch of errors so I downloaded 7.1.2 from iTunes, restarted my computer, disabled firewall and restored and I finally got it! Thanks.