Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: If Found app thru cydia forced me to DFU restore to 7.1.2

So I thought I would share my fixed dilemma. I have the if Found app on my lockscreen. It puts an icon on the lockscreen for lost or stolen phones. Whoever finds it hits the icon and it pops up your phone number to call and return the iphone.

I updated to 7.1.1, used Pangu to JB, was able to recover everything and set my phone up as before. I was so happy it went so well.

Today I wanted to adjust the icon on my lockscreen for the If Found app. When I checked placement- the icon was on the number 8 on the lockscreen- unfortunate for me cause 8 was part of my passcode to unlock my 5s after a reboot. Everytime I tried to hit the 8, the if found app would open. For the life of me I couldn't get the 8 to register in my passcode.

No passcode, no opening my iphone, couldn't restore without turning off Find My Phone, couln't do that cause my phone was locked. I tried to use cyberduck and iExplorer,but I don't think ssh was installed in my phone, or the apps weren't recognizing my phone as JB- I didn't have abc123 or something like that! lol.

After trying all afternoon to delete by computer If Found from my phone, I gave up and DFU'd the restore, which by now was 7.1.2. I was so happy Pangu still worked on this version. After 1 restore to 7.1.2, I opened my phone and it didn't work- still locked on 7.1.1. DFU'd again, this time it completed.

I am now in the process of restoring apple stuff. I will take the passcode lock off, re-JB with pangu, use pkgBU to restore cydia apps, and cross my fingers. Now I will set if found with a simple passcode with 1234, move the if found icon, and reset my passcode.

Fingers crossed!!!

Took 3 times to jailbreak this time around. On the last try I changed my usb port. Finally I got the "jailbreak done" Message!!
    Last edited by sashusmom; 2014-07-01 at 12:22 AM.
    It doesn't cost anything to be nice and say thank you
    iPhone 5s (after a long time with android devices so I am very rusty! )
    iOS 8.4, Jailbroken with TaiG Ipad air 2- 8.1.2, JB with pangu
    Jersey Girl here! I love that dancing Penguin!

Lots of cydia apps still not updated to support 7.1 or 7.1.2. Especially any ControlCenter tweaks.
    It doesn't cost anything to be nice and say thank you
    iPhone 5s (after a long time with android devices so I am very rusty! )
    iOS 8.4, Jailbroken with TaiG Ipad air 2- 8.1.2, JB with pangu
    Jersey Girl here! I love that dancing Penguin!