Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4S upgrade+jailbreak ?

iPhone? More like MyPhone DutchMaster22's Avatar
    Thanks

Default iPhone 4S upgrade+jailbreak ?
    I was wondering if it's at all possible to upgrade an iPhone 4S currently on 6.1.2 firmware to 7.0.6 (or .5 or .4) to be jailbroken with evasion instead of upgrading to 7.1.1 and using pangu. Can I just download the 7.0.? firmware and shift+click restore in iTunes or does that not work anymore??

Quote Originally Posted by DutchMaster22 View Post
    I was wondering if it's at all possible to upgrade an iPhone 4S currently on 6.1.2 firmware to 7.0.6 (or .5 or .4) to be jailbroken with evasion instead of upgrading to 7.1.1 and using pangu. Can I just download the 7.0.? firmware and shift+click restore in iTunes or does that not work anymore??
    My understanding is that you can but you must order the iOS from apple when available for your specific phone. For instance, though still using 6.1.2, I downloaded 7.0.6 via iTunes when being signed by apple. This way waiting to go iOS7 when the phone bricks or whatever.
    Now I could open another user account on my computer and download the 7.1.1 or 7.1.2 for my phone to download but not install this iOS and its associated jb till needed.

Forget it....there is no way to upgrade to 7.0.6....only 7.1.1....and BTW Pangu jailbreak works perfectly. Now you even have a version 1.1 in English

iPhone? More like MyPhone DutchMaster22's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks guys. I guess pangu it is. At least I can test it out on my 4s before I update my 5s 😊