Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pangu jailbreak question

Default Pangu jailbreak question
    Does the Pangu boot logo show up everytime the phone is booted up, or is it a one time appearance?

The boot logo is only shown during the jailbreak process.

Once it's done, i.e. once you see the Cydia icon, the pango boot will disappear and it shall return back to the apple logo

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpW5T_M97Xs

In this video, it shows the jailbreak already installed and when he rebooted the ipad, it still shows the Pangu logo. But you know for a fact that there isn't a pangu boot screen after the jailbreak is completely done? How about with the latest 1.1.0 Pangu release? Does the boot logo disappear after successful jailbreak? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by userix View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpW5T_M97Xs

In this video, it shows the jailbreak already installed and when he rebooted the ipad, it still shows the Pangu logo. But you know for a fact that there isn't a pangu boot screen after the jailbreak is completely done? How about with the latest 1.1.0 Pangu release? Does the boot logo disappear after successful jailbreak? Thanks!
    I did not jailbreak my ipad using Pangu, so I couldn't tell you if this is just an occurrence with the iPad, but I know that when I jailbroke my 5s, the Pangu logo didn't show up after Cydia was installed.

I've used Pangu to jailbreak my iPad after upgrading to iOS 7.1.2. It seemed to go through the process smoothly, just like on my iPhone 5S. But there's no Cydia icon to be seen, and no way of tweaking the iPad or of restoring my Cydia apps. BTW, I repeated the whole process - re-updated using alt-Restore in iTunes for a downloaded IPSW (the right one) then let Pangu do its magic again. Still no Cydia. Any ideas?

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

If the Pangu icon is still there, keep pressing it.