Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Downgrading.....

Default Downgrading.....
    I had to force my iPhone 5S to restore, and ended up on 7.1.1 and lost my jailbreak, now I have to wait for a jailbreak for iOS 7.1.1, I wish there was a way to downgrade back to 7.0.6

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

Unfortunately only A4 devices like iPhone 3GS and 4 contains a hardware bootrom exploit that will allow one to downgrade.

The 4s can downgrade but only with the prerequisite that it was on iOS 5.x and can restore back to iOS 5.x

That is unfortunate, I am literally out of luck and will not get my jailbreak back

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Well, there will be new jailbreaks. Just have to be patient. 7.1.1 is jailbroken, just needs to be released publicly. Good chance IMO it will be at some point just bc they wouldn't work on something just for the heck of it.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,467 Times in 7,697 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    Well, there will be new jailbreaks. Just have to be patient. 7.1.1 is jailbroken, just needs to be released publicly. Good chance IMO it will be at some point just bc they wouldn't work on something just for the heck of it.
    Where'd you get that info? I've read all talk of 7.1.1 jailbreak is all fake.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Where'd you get that info? I've read all talk of 7.1.1 jailbreak is all fake.
    Talk from i0nic and winocm isn't fake, they are able to jailbreak 7.1.1. Doesn't mean they will ever release it though. I doubt we see another jailbreak until after 8.0.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

^Agree, it would be silly to waste any exploits and show our hand now when we are so close to going to iOS 8

bc they wouldn't work on something just for the heck of it.
    It's what's the hackers do, it's who they are. Constantly trying to stay on top of the game.
    Last edited by Bo Troxell; 2014-05-27 at 01:08 AM.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    ^Agree, it would be silly to waste any exploits and show our hand now when we are so close to going to iOS 8

It's what's the hackers do, it's who they are. Constantly trying to stay on top of the game.
    Valid point. Possible no public release, but nonetheless not fake work as Simon said.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Valid point. Possible no public release, but nonetheless not fake work as Simon said.
    I think you misunderstood Simon's post, i0nic and winocm have been messing with a working 7.1.1 JB.
    It was NewD that posted that it was fake. lol gotcha Grant...
    Last edited by Bo Troxell; 2014-05-27 at 03:24 AM.

Thanks

Okay.. I'm understanding now.. To me - everything 'non public' is 'fake' in the sense that it is entirely useless to 'us' the end user. For me - when I give people info about some 'jailbreak' they heard about - I make no distinction between 'fake' (real ONLY a dev's phone) and 'fake' (non-existant anywhere).. That's just me.. and it gets the 'important' info to the end user. NO - there's nothing that can help you on 7.1.1. Of course I only make this 'non-distinction', and call it all fake, when we're between a major jailbreak release and a new iOS.. (February'ish to February'ish)..

Simply put - if it's not available to the end user - 'news' of a jailbreak is 'fake'.
    But Thanks for the update, Bo, Simon, Annie..
    Last edited by NewD; 2014-05-28 at 01:14 PM.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Default Downgrading.....
    Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    I think you misunderstood Simon's post, i0nic and winocm have been messing with a working 7.1.1 JB.
    It was NewD that posted that it was fake. lol gotcha Grant...
    No no I got it lol. I was saying I agree with Simon that the work isn't fake.

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Okay.. I'm understanding now.. To me - everything 'non public' is 'fake' in the sense that it is entirely useless to 'us' the end user. For me - when I give people info about some 'jailbreak' they heard about - I make no distinction between 'fake' (real ONLY a dev's phone) and 'fake' (non-existant anywhere).. That's just me.. and it gets the 'important' info to the end user. NO - there's nothing that can help you on 7.1.1. Of course I only make this 'non-distinction', and call it all fake, when we're between a major jailbreak release and a new iOS.. (February'ish to February'ish)..

Simply put - if it's not available to the end user - 'news' of a jailbreak is 'fake'.
    But Thanks for the update, Bo, Simon, Annie..
    To each his own. It is just a matter of opinion of how "fake" is defined.

Thanks

To each his own. It is just a matter of opinion of how "fake" is defined.
    I agree - about the word 'fake'. I only took exception to your response to the guy that asked about it Annie, as you made no disclaimer. You stated 'one was available' and then you said 'likely to be released'. I think that's confusing - sorta gives false hope. You see my point? In the end, as forum moderators, veterans, etc.. we sorta owe it to the newer folks to give as accurate info as possible.. That's the only reason I jumped in.. .. All good...

I felt this response of yours was unintentionally a bit misleading.
    7.1.1 is jailbroken, just needs to be released publicly. Good chance IMO it will be at some point just bc they wouldn't work on something just for the heck of it.
    There's absolutely '0' chance of a 7.1.1 jb being released for any one of 20 reasons.
    Last edited by NewD; 2014-05-28 at 06:03 PM.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Well, that's my opinion. I never mentioned any guarantees or that anything was assertively out right now. I stated it was my opinion and not a fact. The fact is, 7.1.1 is jailbroken. It's just not accessible to the public. Which I've stated. My opinion is, in hopefulness, considering I bought a new phone with 7.1.1, that people won't have to wait till 8.0 to jb. Again, a difference in opinion. I don't find that to be misleading, in reference that I did state it is my opinion.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

Bo Troxell (2014-05-28), NewD (2014-05-28)

Thanks

Again, a difference in opinion. I don't find that to be misleading, in reference that I did state it is my opinion.
    Didn't see that in your post until now. Not everyone knows what 'IMO' means.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

I'll be sure to spell that out next time. Internet lingo, it just gets more shorthanded over time lol.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

NewD (2014-05-28)

Thanks

I'll be sure to spell that out next time. Internet lingo, it just gets more shorthanded over time lol.
    Lol.. Understood..