Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New and searching has yielded no useful results.

Angry New and searching has yielded no useful results.
    I have been using an iPhone since the iPhone 3 came out. I have been jailbreaking them since then also. I have never once had a problem until now. I have searched and searched to find nothing to help.

My problem is I have a 4S that is jailbroke and running iOS 7.0.4 already but I want to restore it and jailbreak it to give to my friend. But I can't restore it with 7.0.4. I have done everything I can think of and keep getting error after error. Changed the host file, using tinyumbrella, firewall is off, anti-virus is off. My phone is in DFU mode.

With the updated iTunes 11.(whatever) I get error 3194. If I run tinyumbrella I get error 11.
    I downgraded my iTunes to 10.6.x.x I get error 3194, run tinyumbrella and get error 1601. Every fix I have tried fails. Changed cords and USB slots.

Can someone please help?!!

Thanks
    Thanked 12,544 Times in 7,599 Posts

The error is that Apple isn't signing that firmware. Without losing your jailbreak, you use iLex Rat to restore to fresh jailbroken state, sign out of your Apple ID and iCloud and especially FindMyPhone.
    Works great with iOS 7 also. Second link has a vid and easy instructions as well.

http://modmyi.com/forums/general/826...jailbreak.html
    iLex Rat - Restore jailbroken iPhone or iPad back to original state

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (2014-05-13)

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    The error is that Apple isn't signing that firmware. Without losing your jailbreak, you use iLex Rat to restore to fresh jailbroken state, sign out of your Apple ID and iCloud and especially FindMyPhone.
    Works great with iOS 7 also. Second link has a vid and easy instructions as well.

http://modmyi.com/forums/general/826...jailbreak.html
    iLex Rat - Restore jailbroken iPhone or iPad back to original state
    Thank you, I will give this a try in the morning. Is there anywhere I can find out what iOS apple still signs that I can jailbreak? I have another phone I would like to restore and give my son that is stuck in a boot loop.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cain74 View Post
    Thank you, I will give this a try in the morning. Is there anywhere I can find out what iOS apple still signs that I can jailbreak? I have another phone I would like to restore and give my son that is stuck in a boot loop.
    Yes. It's not the easiest to read (it's listed by device model, e.g., iPhone 4 = iPhone3,1; 4S = iPhone4,1; 5 = iPhone5,1 or 5,2; etc.) but it's a complete and near real-time list.

If you're not using an iPhone 3GS, then there aren't any signed jailbreakable firmwares. If you're not using an iPhone 4, then you won't be able to restore to anything other than 7.1.1.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,544 Times in 7,599 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cain74 View Post
    This is accurate. Firmware Links - Download iOS Firmware for iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and Apple TV / Just a Penguin