Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can't Restore

Default Can't Restore
    I have tried absolutely EVERYTHING to restore my iPhone 5. First i tried to jailbreak it with evasion7 but it got to modifying roots and just disappeared. The evasion logo is on my phone but when i click it just a blank screen pops up. I deleted it and i was told to restore my phone. I dont want to upgrade to 7.1.1, as i currently have 7.0.4. The thing that sucks is i upgraded to 7.0.4 OTA, not via itunes. I downloaded a 7.0.4 ispw and shift click on the restore button on itunes, but i always get error 3194. I went to the hosts file, deleted all the gs.apple links. Still error. I tried TinyUmbrella, unchecked the cydia host box, ran the server, tried restoring, got error 11. I turned off firewall and all my anti malware/virus programs. Still i get an error. I tired all these while phone was in DFU. All i want is to jailbreak my phone, please help me get rid of this error.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mikecherves View Post
    I have tried absolutely EVERYTHING to restore my iPhone 5. First i tried to jailbreak it with evasion7 but it got to modifying roots and just disappeared. The evasion logo is on my phone but when i click it just a blank screen pops up. I deleted it and i was told to restore my phone. I dont want to upgrade to 7.1.1, as i currently have 7.0.4. The thing that sucks is i upgraded to 7.0.4 OTA, not via itunes. I downloaded a 7.0.4 ispw and shift click on the restore button on itunes, but i always get error 3194. I went to the hosts file, deleted all the gs.apple links. Still error. I tried TinyUmbrella, unchecked the cydia host box, ran the server, tried restoring, got error 11. I turned off firewall and all my anti malware/virus programs. Still i get an error. I tired all these while phone was in DFU. All i want is to jailbreak my phone, please help me get rid of this error.
    You're not going to like what I have to say.

The only firmwares you're able to restore to right now are 7.1 and 7.1.1, neither of which are jailbreakable. Since you got to 7.0.4 via an OTA, there's no jailbreaking the device currently. I'm afraid you're fresh out of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    You're not going to like what I have to say.

The only firmwares you're able to restore to right now are 7.1 and 7.1.1, neither of which are jailbreakable. Since you got to 7.0.4 via an OTA, there's no jailbreaking the device currently. I'm afraid you're fresh out of luck.
    Aw man seriously, no way whatsoever? Do you think there ever will be a jailbreak for 7.1.1? I heard they will release once iOS 8 comes out

Can i jailbreak it without restoring it? Erase all settings and content? There has to be a way
    Last edited by Mikecherves; 2014-04-27 at 06:29 AM.

Strange that you don't want to understand.......and again, there is no way, sorry

Quote Originally Posted by bbrks View Post
    Strange that you don't want to understand.......and again, there is no way, sorry
    I dont want to just give up. Cant use iFaith to create custom ipsw because that doesnt work for ios 7. Ugh im so mad i cant jailbreak my phone. Who knows, this might mean ill never be able to jailbreak any device. Im actually really upset. Anyone wanna trade there jailbroken phone for mine haha

Hard luck fella. Happened to me with my iPad 4 7.0.4 using evasion. No idea why it failed, got stuck in a boot loop and now stuck with 7.1. Sucks eh?

Quote Originally Posted by docmagoo2 View Post
    Hard luck fella. Happened to me with my iPad 4 7.0.4 using evasion. No idea why it failed, got stuck in a boot loop and now stuck with 7.1. Sucks eh?
    yea it sucks. regular iOS is boring me now