Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need to restore to unlock my phone..... downgrading question

Default Need to restore to unlock my phone..... downgrading question
    So im on 7.0.3 iOS and jailbroken. i want to port my number over to Tmobile from ATT, however they are telling me i would need to restore my phone meaning i would lose my jailbreak with 7.1 my question is is there another way? would semi tether work? can i shift restore with my current firmware? any help would be great... i didnt think i would have to do this seeing as tho they would give me an unlock code. apparently not. thanks. i have read many things here and i just want a direct answer to see the best fastest way possible to do this....
    Modding since 08.

Jailbreak for 7.1 is only available on iPhone 4.

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Jailbreak for 7.1 is only available on iPhone 4.
    right.... i understand that.... im asking what other way to DOWNgrade? or another restore process. i dont want 7.1
    Modding since 08.

Thanks

Let me not answer your question but hopefully help:

You do NOT need to restore your device to get your official carrier unlock through.

If you have a 4S or newer, all you'll need to do is once you've gotten confirmation that your device is unlocked, just insert a T-Mobile SIM and reboot your phone. If all goes well, the device should unlock once it fully boots up and is connected to the Internet (Wi-Fi is recommended). If you have an iPhone 4, you'll need to use redsn0w's Deactivate feature (Extras -> Even More -> Deactivate) then open iTunes on your computer to complete the unlock (this process may work for newer devices as well).

Don't fret if either of these methods don't work, either: there are others we can try that don't involve a restore.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Let me not answer your question but hopefully help:

You do NOT need to restore your device to get your official carrier unlock through.

If you have a 4S or newer, all you'll need to do is once you've gotten confirmation that your device is unlocked, just insert a T-Mobile SIM and reboot your phone. If all goes well, the device should unlock once it fully boots up and is connected to the Internet (Wi-Fi is recommended). If you have an iPhone 4, you'll need to use redsn0w's Deactivate feature (Extras -> Even More -> Deactivate) then open iTunes on your computer to complete the unlock (this process may work for newer devices as well).

Don't fret if either of these methods don't work, either: there are others we can try that don't involve a restore.
    worked. wow. that was too easy. thanks alot
    Modding since 08.

Yeah. I don't know why the SPs lie. O2 uk told me the same thing three times for different phones despite me telling the chap on the phone that I didn't need to restore. Think it's because they don't know their arses from their elbows